Music Recording, Mastering and working for a Record Label

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@marshallscottw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hello all..
I've been searching the internet for the answer to my question but have been completely unsuccessful..
So.. I want to ask you guys and see if you know.
I've been trying to decide a few things I'd like to do career wise besides a musician and think that this would be one of them.
But..
I have no idea what type of education or schooling it falls under.
As in what schools or classes are required for becoming a professional music recorder and mastering technician.

I don't even know really how to word it either...
Uhhh..
The guy that, in a record label, sits behind the glass window, with EQ's and mixers infront of him and records and lays tracks for bands, then masters them and so on...

what would that job title be? and where would I look into going to school for it?

"You're a God among insects. Never let anyone tell you differenately." -Magneto, XMen

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Who is, a Recording Engineer.

What do I win? :D

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Mike, you win a chance to supliment your primary education with study in one of several exciting related fields, such as electrical engineering, music theory, marketting, or general business!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote