Clear all

My Christmas List

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok, I have been debating what to get for my christmas. Ok, As always I think the Gas has finally gotten to me lol. I really am thinking about another guitar, even though I dont really need one. ( gas). lol. But my parents just bought a new car and house last month so were gonna be REALLY tight for a while. I am getting a job next may. I know none of that really applies to my xmas list but yea... I have noticed that im really progressing in guitar, ( not to brag)- but i am really thinking about buying a korg recorder. I wanna listen to myself play and whatnot. I mean my little walmart 30 dollar voice recorder really isnt cutting it. lol. But this is what i want. -- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/242060/ I have read some reviews and whatnot about that and it seems really nice. The next thing i was thinking about is 2 new foot pedals. I want a noise suppressor, I have alot of unwanted harmonics and static and i figured since im gonna be recording with that nice of recorder i might wanna do it without static and all that and "cord sounds." on top of that i want either a wah wah since EVERYONE here LOVES them, or something else. So, -- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/151022/ and http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/151331/ So I could get either those two pedals and that sweet recorder or another 700 dollar guitar. Hmmmmmm What to do!!!!! HELP. Thanks!

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

You know what???????????? FINE. Dont reply. You guys rarley do anyways. Hmm i wonder what other forum will respond. 50 views and not a single reply! lol thats just ridiculous. :roll:

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I don't think anyone can tell you what YOU want. I personally don't have any idea what to recommend but if it was me I would take a cheaper approach to the recording stuff unless you are truly looking for a studio sound and then you are going to need more than a recorder.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Hey just because I looked at your post twice today and didn't respond till now doesn't mean you have to whine about it. :lol: :D

Really it's your Christmas list not mine. I thinks its cool. I had one of those Wal-Mart voice recorders this past winter, until I hit it the with the head of my guitar, knocking it off the table I was practicing near. :(

MetallicaMan if you don't get everything you want for Christmas there's always your birthday.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

All I have to say is that almost everything you posted looks pretty good. I'd go for a cheaper recorder but that's just me.

Hey, I'm hoping for $20 bucks :p

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

geez, relax.
i admit i viewed this a few times referencing the unit you picked because i'm thinking about getting a recorder also. i waited to respond because i'm not familiar with recording yet.
i agree with the idea of going simpler and cheaper.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@gizzy)
Estimable Member

Yes, No need to get upset I just read this today, been busy with work, I think most of us will try and help if we can, I have been thinking about getting a recorder of somekind also just don't Know alot about which ones are better I was going to start doing some reviews on the Internet on some, I have read that once you do get one it does take some time to learn how to use it correctly but if you realy want something then it can be learned, Maybe somebody here will have some more Knowlege about what is the right way to go, I would start out with something nice but not to cheap or way to expensive you can call around and get some Ideas. Hey if you get one before I do send a message out and let us Know How it is. I will send a message when I get one. So I know you are excited we all have that with Guitar equipment, I also Know people will respond that have the Knowlege you are asking for. Have Fun!!

:D

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

You know what???????????? FINE. Dont reply. You guys rarley do anyways. Hmm i wonder what other forum will respond. 50 views and not a single reply! lol thats just ridiculous. :roll:

Last time I checked Christmas wasn't until December 25th, even if no one responded until November 25th, that's still plenty of time :roll:

MetallicaMan, how long have you been playing? If only 1 year or two, I would actually wait to go out and spend $700 or more, the reason being that if you can play well using low-grade (about $300 guitar), you'll be amazed at how good you can be with good gear, and one thing i've learned is that you don't need to spend alot to get the sound you want.

Another question: have you ever taken guitar lessons? if you have (or are taking them) then don't worry, but if you haven't, I STRONGLY recommend it: you'll be shocked at how quickly you'll improve over just a month with a good teacher.

Finally, if you don't really know why you want a Wah pedal, there's no point in getting one. Don't get me wrong, I have one and love it, but if you have no use for it then it's pointless. As for the noise suppressor, not a bad idea, but keep in mind if you crank distortion, there is actually a way to reduce noise from the distortion without a pedal.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

MetallicaMan, how long have you been playing?
Another question: have you ever taken guitar lessons?
About 10-11 months. Yes i have beentaking lessons for almost 2 months
Any ideas on nice non complicated recorders for cheap then? :?

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

About 10-11 months. Yes i have beentaking lessons for almost 2 months
Any ideas on nice non complicated recorders for cheap then? :?

Well, if you have a computer and a microphone there are some good, cheap, recording programs out there. The Boss recorder looks really professional, and i don't you'd need something as complicated as that, but you could always look into it more and see if it's worth it or not.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I would suggest starting with computer recordign as well, if you just want to record your guitar all you need is a modeler (like the V-amp, POD, Tonelab etc) and a cable to plug the modeler in your pc. That will sound miles better then using an amp and a mic (miccing an amp is not easy!) and will run you around $100. Behringer has some very nifty pedals, try their noisegate for $19, they also have a wah which I love but Greybeard returned his. Wah pedals are rather personal and you have quite a few different ones out there, try them and see which mechanism you prefer (remains in position or automatically rolls back, infra-red or analog, wide sweep or narrow sweep etc).

Also realise that noise gates are not really for unwanted harmonics, they are more for reducing the noise that is intensified by hi-gain settings when you don't play. A noise gate will not do anything whatsoever as long as you are playing and getting it cleaned up is more an issue of skills then gear. It's not the speed of people like Vai that's impressive, it's the accuracy and control with which they play their fast parts and a noisegate won't help you a bit there. Finally, don't feel so pushed into buying things. Just because you can get/earn some money from somewhere doesn't mean you should spend it immediately. I advice you to get a cheap but reliable pc recording situation and keep the rest of the money on your pockets. Only spend some money if you are absolutely sure that is exactly what you want, just the fact that you post it here means you aren't that sure.
You know what???????????? FINE. Dont reply. You guys rarley do anyways. Hmm i wonder what other forum will respond.

Little suggestion: that doesn't make you seem like a nice person. Noone cares if you, me or someone else goes to another forum. If someone doesn't feel like responding that's their choice and you should not get upset over it. Espescially with topics like this ("Help! What do I want?") it's often hard to reply. If you don't know it how should we know? Anyway, hope my first paragraph has been of some help.

ReplyQuote