9 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Mike

The trumpet guy could be describing this;

1 2 3 2 2 3 2 3 4 2 3 1 2 3 2 2 3 3 2 3 4 2 3
/ / / / / / / / / / / /
d d d u d u d d d u d u

Again, just a guess. This is 4/4, but played with "eighth note triplets".

Thanks Wes but it would somehow have to start with a du since I know= that when the other guitarist plays it his thumb comes down and his middle finger strikes the high E string on the way up. Watch the video I posted earlier in this thread (fast forward it a bit until you see the same guy twice...after the rainbow video check). This is the style the other guitarist plays with a slight modification of the rhythm pattern.

How is this recording...last one for tonight!

Take Two

I guess I'll be cramming for this song all week just like the ol' college days! I do know I am close to the sound I remember.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Also, my pick keep hitting the body of the guitar which can be heard in the recording. I am assuming that with the full band playing it won't be heard that much correct?

Depends.
Are you using a pickup in concert, or is your guitar going to be mic'ed?

If you are mic'ed, then I suspect the pick noise will also be heard, but the average joe in the audience will probably think it's just part of the percussion.
Which, in a way, it is. :wink:

If the group is entirely un-amplified, then I don't think anyone will notice.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Well it looks as though my dreams of being in a band are over faster than they started. There was no way I could learn how to play a new genre of music AND a new style of music in 1 week. The rhythm I came up with didn't work. The other guitarist did say he would like to play with me at another time. I never did understand how people start bands after less than a year of playing and this reinforces that thought.

OH well...it's not the first time I have been rejected in my life and it certainly won't be the last! :cry:

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I never did understand how people start bands after less than a year of playing and this reinforces that thought.

Happens all the time but not everyone has the level of expectation that you do. Thats not a good or bad thing but you, in my year of knowing you (via here), seem to expect a high level of quality in what you do and there is more opportunity for "failure" there. In the end, I suspect you'll be better for it but maybe your road will be harder than my road. I dont expect too much. I play, I try to keep time best I can.. and I just go for it.

You'll get there Mike. Exciting stuff though that the guitarist wants to play with you. Thats a great feeling.

Hope my comments arent taken with offense. I dont mean it disrespectfully.

jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Mikespe wrote: Well it looks as though my dreams of being in a band are over faster than they started. There was no way I could learn how to play a new genre of music AND a new style of music in 1 week. The rhythm I came up with didn't work. The other guitarist did say he would like to play with me at another time.

Oh, that's a bummer, Mike. It's not a reflection of your abilities or your potential. You gave it an excellent effort for having very little information or time to get it together.

Take that guitarist up on getting together to play another time.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

cant say you didnt try.
better things will come your way.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2