60 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
10.9 K Views
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Vic

Congrats on the new Tele. :D

You said this has P-90s?? Those look like stock single coils to me.

That is an American Tele no??

Anyway, have fun and try the bridge pickup with slap-back delay. You will be in Tele heaven. :wink:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Vic

Anyway, have fun and try the bridge pickup with slap-back delay. You will be in Tele heaven. :wink:

Wondering the same thing -- are the pix of your new Custom II or another? In any case, enjoy.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Vic

Wondering the same thing -- are the pix of your new Custom II or another? In any case, enjoy.

Guys, you should know by now, what I know about pick-ups (and electronics in general) could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a 6-inch paintbrush......

It's a MIM Tele.....and yes, I think they are the stock single coils. But I don't care what they are - I'm having way too much fun playing it to worry about trivialities. Last night I took it to the pub for the acoustic jam - ended up three of us took electrics! First time I've been for a while, must have played for about 3 hours virtually non-stop - I did NOT want to come home! On a sad note, Steve and Trish - the landlord and landlady - are leaving on Monday, so I don't know what's going to happen to the jam nights. But - they're having a leaving party Sunday, an all-day thing and we're all taking guitars - going to be the jam to end all jams!!!!

Oh and I've found MY tone - middle setting for the p/u's, amp on "Classic Rock" (bet that came as a surprise!) setting, quite a bit of gain and a little reverb. Hell, I wish I'd bought this guitar years ago.....

And Wes - I showed one of the guys YOUR tab for "All Right Now" last night - he said, "Damn, that sounds good - I've been playing that song for over thirty years and it never sounded quite right!"

It did last night, so yet again THANKS MATE!!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Don't matter what you call them Vic your liking them and that's all that matters. :D

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Vic, your posts are great! :D

I hope I can find my electric guitar and my tone also. I have to buy more guitars! :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Oh and I've found MY tone - middle setting for the p/u's, amp on "Classic Rock" (bet that came as a surprise!) setting, quite a bit of gain and a little reverb. Hell, I wish I'd bought this guitar years ago.....
Vic

I'm going to have to give that setting a spin.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thats a sweet tele Vic - Hope the Squier isnt jealous! hope you are making a LOT of noise with that and the new amp :twisted:

Hey I didn't know you were back Ray! Or are you back? Give me a ring tomorrow - Thursday! If you're not back till the weekend, make sure you get in the Victoria (Wagrave Road) Sunday afternoon - leaving do for Steve and Trish. Bringing a guitar is mandatory - I'm taking the Tele and the bass. PARTY!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

HHHHmmmm now you got me thinking Vic. I don't have a white tele yet

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Vic

Nothing wrong with Fender MIMs, I've played 'em and they're good guitars. :wink:

Have fun at the jam and write us a little report.

Glad you're still playing Alright Now, Paul Kossoff and Free were awesome. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shvEAyPAN9Y

Sounds as good today as it did back in '70.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@revv_head)

Awesome bro Teles FTW! Although i do own a strat with texas specials :D now thats for the win!

ReplyQuote
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

Nice guitar Vic! 8)

I've been messing about with my Pacifica set on the single coil in the middle all day. Never before has a single coil pick-up sound appealed to me but with my AD50VT set to Boutique Clean it sounds devine. :D
Enjoy your tele! :D

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

I want one :x

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I want one :x
Nothing that a little trip up to GC or Sam Ash up on Capital Blvd won't take care of. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

to bad I dont have $500 to blow :(

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4