Clear all

My Warm-up Song

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@classico)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, i'm kinda new and i wanted to get to see some faces in the forums so... here goes.

do you know those songs? those songs you know so well you don't even have to think about while you play them, those songs that you can both play and listen to on the same time?

I know every guitarist, hell, any musician has some of these. and i know that i get to that level of playing only with songs that i feel connected too. they could be hard or simple, it dosen't matter, but the fact is that you can actually hear yourself play them and concentrate on listening for once...

I play classic guitar and so i have a very tight scedual for practicing the guitar, but before i even start technique practice (which is the first thing i do when i pick up the guitar) I have this sudden urge to play one of this songs, one of those songs that i know will make me feel better about the coming 30 minutes of technique.
playing one of these songs is like answering that little, annoying, and some time appealing, voice in your head telling you "why are you doing this? you don't enjoy thecnique practice!" or "that solo is IMPOSSIBLE, theres no way your getting that down!"
it's like you can answer it if you listen to yourself playing one of those songs and remind yourself why you are struggling.
you love music, you love listening and playing music. and for me, that reminder is all i need to get through a though part at a song or getting faster on a complex scale or anything.

i can tell you that i have alot of songs that i know very well, but not all of them go in that list.
i really love playing J. Cardoso's Milonga, which is a Beautiful, slow, and very musical piece.
i also recently learned Steve Howe's Mood For A Day, which is a great great song from the Fragile album by yes.
another piece i love and know is Antonio Lauro Vals Creollo which i find enchnting (not vals-like at all!)

If you've read this far you must be brave... :) and i'll be happy to hear your thoughts about it and also which songs are like that with you.

Yours with Friendship, classico