Clear all

Mystery Guitar

16 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@undercat)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I was hanging with a guy last night, and he had a guitar with a make I had never seen before. This doesn't happen too much anymore, unless it's with unusual one-off acoustic makers (tips hat to Nick's collection...)

Anyhow, the guitar had a Jackson style headstock, Floyd Rose, Duncan Invader in the bridge (only one pup). It was finished in transparent green, neck-through construction, ebony fretboard, with the manufacturers name inlayed on the fretboard.

The name started with "D'H" I'm pretty sure it ended in "E". I played it for about 5 minutes and was very impressed. Apparently he picked it up at GC for about $230 because it was an off brand. The sales guy indicated that it was apparently of French manufacture, but I'm not taking that as gospel.

Ring any bells with anyone? Anyone have one? Where do they distribute from? What do they list for? He couldn' find it online anywhere, and so far I haven't been able to find it either.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Why not post some pics of the guitar?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Mostly because I don't have any, nor can I find any examples on the net. I'm pretty hacked that I can't remember the full name, actually, I was trying to commit it to memory, but now it's gone. It's like D'hatke or D'HIRKE or something.

If no one can tell me anything in the next week, I'll write it down next time, but there are enough unusual guitar scholars here, I was hoping for a bite... no one else has one?

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

tip of my tongue

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

DeLaHaye?

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I might be a custom guitar for a frenchman. :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

If it's a Delahaye it's one fine looking instrument.

http://www.btinternet.com/~delahaye.guitars/style.htm

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

could be from these people http://www.chez.com DNG guitars.they use jackson heads and floyd rose trems.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Here is a list of guitar makers starting with the letter D I got on Harmony Central. There could be others. See if you see it here. And let us know which one it is!

D Angelico Guitars of America
D'Agostino
D'Aquisto
D'Aspiranta
D.J. Argus
Daion
Daisy Rock Girl Guitars
Dale Unger
Dallas-Arbiter
Dame
Danelectro
Darrell Cook
Dave Cronce
Dave King Acoustics
David Anthony Reid
David Thomas McNaught
David Webber
Davison
Deakon Roads
Dean Guitars
DeArmond
deCarlo
Decca
Deering
Del Ray
Dell'Arte
Delta
DeTemple
Devoe
Di Giorgio
Diamond
Diego
Dillion
Diodati
Dionisio Quilla
DiPinto
Dixon
Dobro
Doc Dryer
Dodge
Dolphin
Dommenget
Donmo
Doolin
Doug Bryan
Douglas
Douglas Pringle
Dove Song
Dragon Mountain
DragonFire Guitars
Driskill
Drive
DSA Guitars
Duesenberg

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Here is what looks to be a German guitar. At least I found one photo with the logo inlayed on the fretboard. They've got some pretty hot looking guitars. Check out the whole site. Look under Inlays under Foto's.

De Gier Guitars

I love a challange. We are going to find your guitar.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

What an idiot I am. Says right on the site Made in Holland. Time for Arjen.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Some of those are waaaay too whacked out for my tastes, but they do have some good designs.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah Wes, you had the same idea I did, I must have looked over that list 5 times to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but I didn't see it. It's not on the list as far as I can tell.

I'm so annoyed at this point that I can't remember, and more so because it now appears that it was a real oddball. I may see the dude on Sunday, and if he has the guitar with him (or even if he just perfectly remembers the name) I'll come back with it as soon as I can.

Sorry for this wild goose chase, it was a neat guitar, great workmanship and very respectable playability, etc. I'm hoping to see their whole line and get a good idea of their prices...

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Oh yeah, and it's not any of these, I'm sure:

D Angelico Guitars of America
D'Agostino
D'Aquisto
D'Aspiranta
D.J. Argus
DeLaHaye
De Gier

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

I've been sorta on the 'goose chase' too, but don't apologize: I've seen some pretty cool looking guitars I wouldn't have otherwise. :)

It would be funny though if it turned out to be a Korean version of a French guitar with the spelling a little bit changed for patent protection, lol.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2