Clear all

Need help

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@guitargeek214)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I've been playing guitar for about a year now and I feel that I'm progressing fairly well, I know all the major, minor and seventh chords for a,b,c,d,e,f,g, and I can change chords pretty well too. I also know a few scales and excersises but thats not my problem. My problem is that latly it seems that I've somehow lost all my creativity when I'm practicing/playing. I'm very dicsiplined, I can work out of a book or play scales and excersises for hours, but when it comes to making stuff up in my head, or improvising, it seems I just "lost my touch". This probably sounds really odd, too, considering that most people have the completly opposite problem that I do. Playing guitar just doesn't seem very fun anymore. I know that I probably need to just take a break from the rules, but even when I do, my playing just seems so mechanical. Please Help!!!

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Try learning songs

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

Try learning songs

i definately agree with steve-o, go find some tabs of your favorite songs and rock out and maybe go take some lessons.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

learning songs is a great way to get out of a rut.
when I work out a song I begin to hear things.
it then leads to some improvisation and more advancement.

playing with other people is the best. if you havent then please do.
it'll change your life.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote