Clear all

Need Your Guys Help

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@geek-in-the-pink)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hello (again) guys!! I went looking at guitars, and I really liked the Epipophone Les Paul, and I was just wondering if some off the bad reviews about LOTS of fret buzz, dead spots and pickups that quit after a week. If any of you have an Epiphone Les Paul, your experiance with it. There were lots of good reviews, and I thought it was pretty good, but worried about down the line problems, especially if I'm gonna drop $600 for it. :oops: Also, are the Fat Stratocasters supposed to be Fender's somewhat equivalent to a Les Paul?? Thanks for all the help so far, guys. This is a huge step in my guitaring!!!!!

(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

I love my Epiphone LP. Never had any problems of any sort with it in the 15 months I've owned it.

Well, that's not entirely true. I had to superglue the screws that the strap hold in, one of them kept popping out.

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member

i have had an epiphony for about 3 years and i have to tell you, i cant wait to get something else and trade it in, i want to get a schecter or another wolfgang if i can find one. im telling you go with a schecter, put new pickups in it. you will be happy with it. casue i have had problems with mine, fret buzz, dead spots, it just doesnt feel up to par of what a 500 dollar guitar should sound like.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

My Epi LP Classic Plus is a wonderful guitar and I'm very happy with it. The pickups aren't the best though. They "work", but I'm going to put something better in. Fit and finish is top notch. For the price, I think they are worth it.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Epi LPs seem to be the hot topic of discussion around here lately. I like them, they're good guitars. I like the G-400s better, but that's a different topic. The tuners are good, the pickups are decent, the fit/finish is very good. Great guitars for the price.

You may get a feel people telling you to upgraded to a eliste series, but that is entirely up to you. Just remember that on sites like Harmony Central, you will always get some "This is the best guitar ever, better then by $4000 Gibby" or "This thing is a piece of junk, not worth its weight in cardboard." Just look at the averages, they'll give you a good idea.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I have an EPI LP Studio I bought from MF. Plays great out of the box. I've had it about 6 mos. now with no problems but finding time to play it. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@geek-in-the-pink)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Epi LPs seem to be the hot topic of discussion around here lately. I like them, they're good guitars. I like the G-400s better, but that's a different topic. The tuners are good, the pickups are decent, the fit/finish is very good. Great guitars for the price.

Which one are you talking about with "the tuners are good, the pickups are decent..." The G-400, or LP? I wanted to try one out, but they didn't have an Epiphone models!!!! Thanks for all the input so far!!! :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

^Sorry dude, the LP. Didn't occur to me that I got sidetracked!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@last-day-living)

I think that most eipphone guitars are nice. But I dont a LP. I have a SG. But I am no expert.

ReplyQuote
(@blutic1)
Reputable Member

http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?form=prodsearch&q=goth

The Goths are on sale. I have one and it rocks. It's very very close in sound to my Gibson Standard.

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

I have an epiphone LP Standard Plus with the flame maple top. I have had it for about 1 1/2 years. No problems so far. I agree that a pickup replacement might improve the sound but so far I am very happy with it. The fit and finish is real nice and it played great out of the box. The frets are well dressed and tuning which some people have complained about in other reviews is no better or worse than any other guitar I have. This guitar was made in China but the work quality is good. That being said I wonder what the Agiles are like in comparison. I have heard many good things about them but they are not sold in Canada and shipping & customs fees add too much to the price to let me order one. All in all for the price I have had no complaints and if I do add better pickups later I will still have a sweet sounding guitar for a decent price.
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

It was ok, but definately not worth $600 for. I got a used one for $450, in hindsight I should have only payed $400 tops. If you want an LP, save up and buy a gibson, but even then they aren't that great, at least not worth $2300 or whatever craziness they cost.

Don't be attracted to the name, there are lots of great brands out there with quality guitars.

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@geek-in-the-pink)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Don't be attracted to the name, there are lots of great brands out there with quality guitars.

I made sure that I wasn't getting the guitar just because it was a Les Paul.

Great info so far, thanks guys!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

It was ok, but definately not worth $600 for. I got a used one for $450, in hindsight I should have only payed $400 tops. If you want an LP, save up and buy a gibson, but even then they aren't that great, at least not worth $2300 or whatever craziness they cost.

I wouldn't save up for a Gibson, at least if its a new one. Not worth it, for $2300, it should be a lot better then what they are. Look at Dean or something else, but not a Gibby.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Look at Dean or something else, but not a Gibby. ;)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2