Clear all

New Addition to the Family

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

About a month back I posted asking for recommendations for a new acoustic-electric. Well, today I caved and bought one. It's a Takamine EG533SC. It's got a solid bear claw spruce top which is absolutely gorgeous, I believe mahogany back and sides, gold hardware and Tak's onboard electronics. It's a beautiful instrument. I guess it lists at just under a thousand, used to sell on MF for $700 USD (it's discontinued now, as far as I can tell) but I got it and a hardshell case for $450 because there were a few small dings on the top near the electronics. I'm incredibly happy with this thing.

I'll try to borrow a camera to get some pics up here for you all.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great price! Have fun with it! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@jthomas23)

My buddy has that exact guitar - very solid. Enjoy!
- Rick

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congratulations! :D

Send those pictures when you make 'em!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i have the Jumbo version they are great guitars. congrats on the good deal and enjoy

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

No pics yet..sorry guys. Im a student and right now Im swamped with work. Add in wanting to play this all the time and Im not very productive.

For those that have seen this or similar guitars....what do you think? I have had no luck finding info on this model anywhere online. No specs or anything. It's actually a little disheartening.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote