Clear all

New dealer in town...

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ok, so at the NAMM show I'd seen some really nice guitars. And since then I've been talking to Gianini - they make classical guitars in Brazil. One thing's led to another, and I'm now a Gianini dealer - my first inventory arrived today.

So if you're in the Chicago area, and you want to check out some classical instruments, look me up!

I'll put up some pics tomorrow.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Cool 8)

Now you need to update your signature:

"Guitar teacher and sales person offering lessons and GAS supplies in Woodridge IL and Western Springs IL"

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

any benefits to being a dealer (free or cheap guitars maybe?). Or are you just in it for the money? :D

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, they're not free - but I do get to play them all :)

I was tuning them up tonight, and got out some sheet music. After 15 minutes or so with one guitar, my wife is saying "hey, you've got to sell those - don't wear them out!"

I'm really impressed with their low end (pricewise). Their GWNE18 lists for around $240, but it stands up to guitars I've played at triple that price.

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

What type of wood(s) do they use primarily? If it was a solid top at that price range I'd be surprised.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

back in the 70s i fell deeply in love with a gianini 12 string.
alas, i was a poor high school student and could not afford it.

i've never seen another one like it as it had fancy scroll work like a mandolin.

great news and good luck!

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

What type of wood(s) do they use primarily? If it was a solid top at that price range I'd be surprised.

The backs and sides are Pau Ferro - I'll photograph a couple tomorrow. They're really beautiful, and highly figured.

And yes - the tops are solid. The ones I've now got are from their Student and Classical lines - the student tops are Sitka spruce; the others are red cedar or Englemann spruce.

They even have gold plated hardware :)

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Here's what they look like... from the 'student' line, the GWNE18 ($239 list), which features a solid Sitka spruce top, Pau Ferro/Morado back & sides:

And from the 'classical' line, the GWNC1 ($329 list), with solid red cedar top, Pau Ferro/Morado back & sides, gold plated hardware, and an adjustable truss rod!

both come with gig bags. The student line gig bags are your typical inexpensive vinyl case that unzips at the bottom; the classical line bags are padded ones that unzip on the side.

I have to get new batteries for my camera... that's where the fuzzy lines come from - they're not on the guitars (you can see the fuzzy lines on the wall in the last shot)

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

those look (and by your description sound) like really nice guitars, especially for the price. shouldn't have any trouble unloading those . Just don't sleeze it up like Esteban to sell them :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

All the best for the new venture Tom,

They look great. You don't hand deliver to Australia by any chance..... :D

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Congratulations on the new business, and good luck!

Those guitars look really sweet.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

They look great. You don't hand deliver to Australia by any chance..... :D

Thanks, Chris!

I'm afraid hand delivery won't fit into the pricing :(

On a side note of 'benefits of being a dealer', though - a couple years ago we went to Rio for Carnaval (great party!), and my wife has pointed out that since I'm distributing Brazillian guitars, a return trip will be tax deductable :D

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I'm distributing Brazillian guitars, a return trip will be tax deductable :D

Would that tax deduction work for your associate in Oklahoma as well? :twisted:

Beautiful looking guitars. Best of luck on them

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Nice looking guitars! Do you sell other guitars as well, or is this just a revisit into that realm?

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I used to have a music store (way back when), so this is a revisit for me. If the Gianninis do well, though, I'll look at a steel string acoustic line, and I may start offering rentals to students.

I don't think there's any market for a little guy like me to sell electric guitars - at least not new ones - given the mega-stores. The only niche I could see for those would be in high-end guitars... and I'm not about to sink $25-30K into 'stock' to start off :)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2