Clear all

I'm Gonna Go Crazy

15 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

omg. I am so infuriated. :evil: :evil: :evil: Ok, Stupid ups misrouted my guitar somewhere two hours away from here so it took 10 hours to get all the way back to its original hub then it sent ALL the way back out here and got re-routed AGAIN. So once again my guitar is somewhere 2 hours away from here. Musicians friend payed 127.69 for next day air on THURSDAY, and now its monday and its STILL not here. god. the worst part about it is since the guitar has been bouncing around and thrown around on all the different trucks its probably DESTROYED now. GOD :cry: :cry: I dont know what to DO!!!! God!!! IM SO MAD :evil: :evil: :evil: also if it can get re-routed to the same place twice what says it wont do it again and again. Please someone calm me down. has anyone ever bought a guitar online??? please tell me they pack them heavily so they wont get damaged or something please someone re-assure me its ok before i do something i will regret extremly. PLEASE. :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I'd be on the phone trying to find out what the problem is. I bought my first guitar online, and my Oscar-Schmidt semi-hollow that way, as well. And, did not encounter some of the horror stories I've seen here.

Now my Schecter Omen 6 and my Strat I bought local. Wasn't no way in hades I was going to let some gorilla working for UPS toss those around. :D

Your mileage may vary...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Dude, relax. Maybe it will arrive tomorrow perfectly intact, maybe it will arrive piece by piece next week. You ain't the dude who's transporting it so you ain't going to do anything about it. Call MF so they are aware of the issue and sit back and chill.

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Guitars are packed box in a box. I wouldn't sweat it. Even guitars from a shop had to be shipped to get there in the first place.

It is not having it when you should have it that has your head spinning.

Keep complaining to Musician's Friend about this deal (in a nice way, a level-headed manner) and likely they will give you a give certificate of some sort for your trouble. Big companies like their customers to be happy. The big companies are more likely to offer you some sort of compensation to keep you and your recommendations rather than just a 'sorry'.

If you really are upset 'beyond repair', you can always refuse delivery and get your money refunded but these are rare circumstances. I would give Musician's Friend a chance to make it right.

Hang in there! 8)

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Is someone having a GAS-ious Tantrum??? Hehehehehe...

Sorry dude.. I'm just chuckling, cuz I know how it is. I got my Epi Custom Special from American Musical Supply before Christmas and it drove me nuts waiting for it.

As one of my 'Sages' told me once.. It'll come when your "Ready" for it and not a day sooner." I hated when he'd say stuff like that. <smirk>

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I just hope it gets here tomorrow, i really want it i mean you know what its like when your innocent not played little girl is all alone out there in the cold truck. ITS SO SAD :cry: :cry: lol

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

I once ordered a car stereo battery for the solar in my van and the FedEx guy actually STOLE IT!!! You wanna talk about mad. I am sure that you'll get your axe tomorrow and it'll be perfect.

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

:cry: :cry:

Hope you get it soon.

That sort of thing drives me absolutely NUTS in a very short space of time.

The really annoying thing is that you never get to meet the head that needs kicking - the stupid sods who stuffed it up. So try not to yell at the poor devil who finally gets to deliver it. They must get it a lot, so probably have a pretty good line in withering looks and tantrum defusers. :oops: Just remember to quietly inspect the goods before signing the acceptance docket.

Look on the bright side. You have a vivid imagination. If you didn't it wouldn't bother you as much.

I suffer from ramapant over-imagination at times too. If my wife is going to be even a few minutes late home from work she always rings me.
I tell her "If you're 5 minutes late I start to wonder. 10 minutes and I'm a little anxious. 15 and it's turning to worry.... After half an hour I'm convinced you've had a fatal car crash. 45 minutes and I've mentally spent the insurance money and remarried.... :evil: :evil:

It'll be there soon, and the joy of new ownership will be that much more intense after the pain of waiting. :D

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

I tell her "If you're 5 minutes late I start to wonder. 10 minutes and I'm a little anxious. 15 and it's turning to worry.... After half an hour I'm convinced you've had a fatal car crash. 45 minutes and I've mentally spent the insurance money and remarried....

LOL

MetallicaMan you think you have it bad. I ordered a gothic explorer - waited 6 months for it before it came - it was on backorder -
but that drove me crazy after awhile.
I'd obviously already payed so that just made it feel even worse, i have i now and it was well worth the wait.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I'm the type that refreshes my UPS tracking page a million times to see the delivery status. My new Fender I ordered last Friday had that "electronic billing info recieved, please check with shipper" message until today. It was driving me crazy not knowing if it had even been shipped yet. So I know what you are going through, but I agree with everyone else. Call MF, tell them what's going on, and I'm sure they'll make it right. I've ordered enough from them to respect their customer service.

After that, enjoy your new axe once it arrives.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@mr_clean001)
Estimable Member

I agree with the others here.....waiting is a HUGE pain in the neck....but just imagine how happy you will be when it gets there.

Call MF, let them know what is going on and if they don't do anything to address your concerns (read here give you a discount on your next purchase or something) then drop a letter to the President of MF and tell them they have lost your business as a result.

Being in Marketing I can tell you we take the customers who take the time to write a letter or email more seriously than those that just call. Not that we don't take them all seriously mind you, but those that are so disgruntled they take those extra steps get more attention. Squeaky wheel gets the grease so to speak.

"Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest...if it makes you
feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers.
Then you'll know you're on to something!"
- Ted Nugent

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I would not worry about it getting beat up either. I've had delivery problems on items and been fine.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Be absolutely certain to take a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time examining the guitar, BEFORE signing anything! Do it twice, to make sure that you missed nothing, the first time. Also, make sure the delivery guy knows you're not blaming him, but rather the idiots that have had it on some sort of caribbean cruise for the last week.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

This is kinda offtopic, but sorta not, but when do you have to sign for a package and when do you not? The last three orders I've placed online (all of which were for guitars) did not require a signature. They just left them on my porch or deck. I was surprised, because I've had orders for very small, nonexpensive items that they had to have a signature before leaving. Just curious, because had my box been damaged I wouldn't have any say on whether I accepted the delivery or not. All of those orders where shipped for free too, if that makes a difference.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Well, you still would probably be able to send them back for free to the company you purchased them from. Assuming it was a fairly reputable company. I think that signature require is an option that the sender has to choose. If they do not want your signature then they dont have to request it. I believe some shippers even charge the shipper if they require a sig.

Then again, its been a while since I worked a warehouse. But that is how it was in the day.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote