Clear all

New ESP/LTD George Lynch Super V

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

So, I could not find anyone to buy the Schecter 7 string Hellraiser. So, I took it to Sam Ash and traded it for this:

It is the ESP/LTD (George Lynch Super V) GL-600V. That is George Lynch's signature from a recent guitar seminar at the local Sam Ash.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

(@blueline)
Noble Member

Nice. 8)
I R jealous.
How does she play?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

Nice looking guitar - ESP makes very good quality instruments (I have two of their Edwards line of guitars). You mention a Schecter guitar which is kind of interesting - I found out recently that the same Japanese investor owns both ESP and Schecter Research though they are kept as separate companies.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats, Reb! That's one mean looking moth........... axe. :twisted: :twisted:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Beautiful guitar, congrats! But ... what you gonna do about playing it with that signature there? Wouldn't want to smudge it off now would you?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice indeed! 8)

With the George's sig on it, are you planing to display it somehow?

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@christopherius)
Trusted Member

that is one sweet axe. how does it sound?

Chris
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo356/christopherius/th_FenderSig.jpg

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It sounds great.

I'd like to post some clips, but I have not mastered my computer recording stuff.

Mostly, I have been trying to get used to the huge difference in pickups. The Seymour Duncan SD-12 in the bridge is bright and gain oriented and the Phat Cat in the neck is great for cleans and mellow sounds. The in-between position is nicely balanced.

As far as the sig goes, I will probably tape off around it and spray over it with a gloss. I think somebody else here asked that question before and I was going to look up that thread, but I've been busy working and playing the guitar (and comparing it to my Gibson Faded V).

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Nice lookin' guitar! Congrats! :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Kool lookin' axe.

ReplyQuote
 Rune
(@rune)
Trusted Member

Probably one of the sweetest V's I've seen.

It's a dry heat!

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

One of the guys that plays guitar where I work said he was there for the event. He said he not only played the guitar, but "burned it up" he was so smoking hot on it. I haven't seen Lynch play since the Monster's of Rock festival in summer of 1988 or 1989? and he was the best guitarist by far that day. The sad thing about this whole thing is my poor Gibson V seems so plain now. I'll just have to give her a little make over!!!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Very radical.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

Very nice-i went to one of those GL seminars a few months ago 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

"Very nice-i went to one of those GL seminars a few months ago 8)"
So ksac32 - Did George really womp on some wood? I've always thought he was rather under-rated as a player. Obviously some respect him out there due to his ESP/LTD signature guitars and Randall Signature Amps.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2