Skip to content
New Guitar - Pics/D...

Notifications
Clear all

New Guitar - Pics/Demo/New Tuners (Pearl)

62 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
10 K Views
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I know. I said I had too many already and had no plans to get any new ones. It has been over a year since I have gotten a new one but I suppose "I told you so's" are in order. :roll: My wife wanted to know what I want for our upcoming anniversary and you know me. I'm a sucker for low end guitars. I was going to do a kit from GF but I talked myself out of it. I was browsing the site and saw this tonight.

Thoughts? Comments?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

My criteria fits this well enough: Looks pretty, plenty of pickup grunt, lots or room past the 12th fret. Cool!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well it is something different. I have loads of Les Pauls and Les Paul copies, a variety of other guitars but no Tele and no semi hollow. I used to have one of each but found them new homes. It sure is pretty and for $159 with good reviews I thought I'd give it a shot. It has GFS Dream 180's on it for pickups. We will see. It is the same price as the flying V kit I was looking at but I decided I wanted to build it, not own it. :lol: I knew I would never be happy with a guitar that I finished myself. I saw this and the yellow grabbed me. That and the 2 humbuckers with a toggle switch.

ReplyQuote
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

I have only two things to say;

1: You can never have too many guitars.

2: I love the colour :D

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, given the proximity of GF to my house, I should have it Thursday if they get it right out tomorrow. (Keeping in mind it's nearly 4am Tuesday here where I am)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hmmm....

I have to admit that if I saw it at that price I'd be going home with it too. :oops:

As we know, you have science on your side too:

Enjoy it.

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Nice! Im a LP guy, but I do realy like the thinlines. I think I would want to make mine with some mean90's in it.... ahhh. nope.." step away from the GFS web site " I keep telling myself........

Paul B

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I like the color too, I'm a bit of a sucker for in your face colors anyway.

Hope it plays as good as it looks.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, as long as it is fundamentally sound I can do the necessary things to make it play well. I'm a Les Paul guy too but with so many guitars I thought owning something completely different might inspire me. Well, not completely different ........ 12" radius, 2 humbuckers, toggle ..... but most certainly semi hollow and 25 1/2" scale with a Tele shape.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

That thing will feel like it's made of helium next to your LPs. :lol:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm guessing it's about 1/2 the weight.

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Its all perspective.... When I think my LP's heavy, I play my steel body Reso for a wile. :D

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

I have an Xavier from GF. It is a great guitar. Got it a couple of years ago from the missus for my birthday. ES335 style, dog-ear P-90's and trapeze tailpiece. I have never found a flaw in that guitar. Had it pro setup and love it. Just spend too much time with acoustics to give it it's fair playing time.
I did use it for "People Get Ready" at church a couple of months ago. Nothing else I have would give me the right sound.

Hope it turns out great for you.

Jack

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Pretty hollow body. Geez, WHY don't companies pay more attention to the wood grain? Pretty. Reminds me of a Gibson Crest I had left in an airport rental car (stupid stoned mistake) that I never saw again.

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

It doesn't take that long. I love the recent clearance page blurbage, offering special pricing on their guitar lines with special "UPS Customizations". :lol: :lol:

I hope it's all you hope for. Sure looks nice. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this thinline Tele-type guitar compared to solid Tele-types you've had in the past. I've drooled a time or two on my keyboard looking at a darker looking burst number.

I've got two Xavieres right now and would not be opposed to a third. Any complaints I might have had with them would certainly be covered by the TR SX-Agile-Xaviere mod-set. 8) 8)

Hmmm, I've not played my xaviere stratwannabe in a good while. Gotta go play now. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5