Skip to content
New Guitar - Pics/D...

Notifications
Clear all

New Guitar - Pics/Demo/New Tuners (Pearl)

62 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
10 K Views
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

It doesn't take that long. I love the recent clearance page blurbage, offering special pricing on their guitar lines with special "UPS Customizations". :lol: :lol:

I hope it's all you hope for. Sure looks nice. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this thinline Tele-type guitar compared to solid Tele-types you've had in the past. I've drooled a time or two on my keyboard looking at a darker looking burst number.

I've got two Xavieres right now and would not be opposed to a third. Any complaints I might have had with them would certainly be covered by the TR SX-Agile-Xaviere mod-set. 8) 8)

Hmmm, I've not played my xaviere stratwannabe in a good while. Gotta go play now. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well only complaint so far is I ordered it on Monday and they still haven't shipped it yet! Apparently they ship parts within 24 hours ... not guitars. 3 - 7 business days. 5 down and still nothing and Monday is a holiday. I'm bummin.

On a different note, I'm anxious to see how I like the thinline as well. I figure if I have so many guitars I should go for something that is a little different. I used to like my Delta King's sound, just not the size so this should do the trick. We will see. I had a squire Tele and turfed it. Had the Delta King and turfed it. Will this be the happy medium of the two?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

It doesn't take that long. I love the recent clearance page blurbage, offering special pricing on their guitar lines with special "UPS Customizations". :lol: :lol:

I hope it's all you hope for. Sure looks nice. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this thinline Tele-type guitar compared to solid Tele-types you've had in the past. I've drooled a time or two on my keyboard looking at a darker looking burst number.

I've got two Xavieres right now and would not be opposed to a third. Any complaints I might have had with them would certainly be covered by the TR SX-Agile-Xaviere mod-set. 8) 8)

Hmmm, I've not played my xaviere stratwannabe in a good while. Gotta go play now. :D

Ive got none yet... but I keep going back and looking at those semi hollow waldkat clones they have with P90s in them!!!! I keep telling myself I need to keep working on playing the ones I have better first. :D

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Like to check it out? I would too! I ordered it 10 days ago and it hasn't even shipped yet. I sent another E-Mail last night and got a reply this morning that said "Have your order right here, will ship today". Yeah, OK :roll: No shipping confirmation yet though. Not happy. :x Had I ordered from Rondo I would have had it last Thursday.

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

REALY?? Thats the first time I have heard of that from them. That sucks. I hope you get it soon!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

If they're using those house-brand strings, it probably took 10 days to find a decent set. :roll:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

If they're using those house-brand strings, it probably took 10 days to find a decent set. :roll:

I remember changing out strings immediatly. They felt really nasty. :shock: Same way with my Rondo guitar.

Jack

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

oh I got the new strings for it right here......... strap and strap locks too that I ordered from Musicians Friend 3 days after I ordered the guitar. Got them on Monday. The order finally has a UPS tracking number so I guess I'll see it early next week. that will be a 2 week wait. Anyone wanna take bets it will be broken?

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Supposed to be here Monday. Cross your fingers everyone.

ReplyQuote
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

Supposed to be here Monday. Cross your fingers everyone.

Ok if I cross my toes? Twice as effective you know. :lol:

Jack

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey Jack! Your toes did the trick!

Well it came today. I worked last night and (could be there now .....) so haven't had a chance to check it out really well yet. But ......... seems to be a nice axe. Seems flawless. Tuners seem to all work adaquitly. Not the greatest I own but most certainly acceptable and no plans to change them. The thing came set up. What's up with that? Is it because they felt guilty they forgot to ship it or are they setting them up now so that is why it took me 2 weeks to see it? Action perfect. Truss rod right where it should be. Almost perfectly intonated, just a little flat on the D and G strings is all. The strings gotta go so we will recheck when that is done. No fret buzz, other than what you get with a low action. Frets are smallish, kind of like my MIM Strat. Well, smallish is a relative term as most of my guitars have jumbo frets so I guess they are mediums. I work again tomorrow night but maybe I will plug her in in the AM after work. I hate to admit it but it looks like it may have been worth the wait. :wink: I'm barely gonna have to adjust anything, the intonation might even be OK after the new strings are on. Oh, now I can't wait for morning.

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Great that it showd up, and its in good shape!!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I think I will call her Chiquita ..... for obvious reasons. :roll: Well, I do like the color though. :mrgreen: Time to go home and plug her in yet? No huh? :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm glad she was worth the wait. :D

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

Finally! My toes were starting to cramp.

Without pics it didn't happen.

Jack

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5