Skip to content
New Guitar - Pics/D...

Notifications
Clear all

New Guitar - Pics/Demo/New Tuners (Pearl)

62 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
10.1 K Views
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

Great TR.

It's yellow. Did you know it was going to be yellow? Cause it is yellow. JK.

The tuners on mine are really nice but the ones on my Douglas from Rondo were bad so I went with the Wilkerson EZ locks. They work well for me.

Rock on Dude! 8)

Jack

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Rondo has lots of levels of guitars. Their Agiles come with Grover tuners. The lower models you have to check them out on an individual basis. One SX Strat I got had Grovers, another had crappy ones. I'm sure GF is the same. If you buy one of the nicer guitars they probably have better tuning machines. That said, the machines are all I am going to replace and not because they don't function, they just look and feel a little cheap and it was a $25 upgrade.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Rondo has lots of levels of guitars. Their Agiles come with Grover tuners. The lower models you have to check them out on an individual basis. One SX Strat I got had Grovers, another had crappy ones. I'm sure GF is the same. If you buy one of the nicer guitars they probably have better tuning machines. That said, the machines are all I am going to replace and not because they don't function, they just look and feel a little cheap and it was a $25 upgrade.

The only SX I delt with was a Bass. I got it for my sister a few years ago. I gotta say the thing is pretty nice!! And it was like $110!!! Tuners are nice and smooth, set up was good also. I did need to reset it up a few months later... they keep there house REAL warm, and the neck reacted to the change a bit..

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

My son has a few Rondo bass guitars and he really likes them.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Guitar sounded good Tr I'd like to hear it through the Windsor too. Did you just mic the practice amp?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yep, just threw a Shure mic in front of it and voillet! The problem with the Windsor is I'd likely have to do a video cause I have my recording stuff here in the office with the computer and the Windsor is in The Man Cave.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Here are the pearl tuners!

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Nice I like it. A little added bling!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Put a couple of well placed Black colored tuning machines in there. Make it look like a semi-toothless smile. :D

Seriously, though, looks pretty good. One of a kind. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

They work very well. Made in Korea .... I suspect the old ones are Chineese steel. Not good.

ReplyQuote
(@elecsluther)
Eminent Member

I don't have a pic on my computer, but I have this guitar in red-just like the one at the top of the page: http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-610-Semi-Hollow-Dream-180s-Pearl-Pickguard_c_209.html -- looks like the same p/u's (GFS Dream 180's), but with a different 3 way switch and mine has a pickguard-and the bridge p/u is mounted in a tele style bridge--the neck is real nice-satin finish on the back and just a light finish on the fretboard--frets seem just fine--I did have to adjust the string height-came set way high, and the low e intonation was slightly off (simple adjustments-nothing major needed!)--I like the bridge p/u better than the neck p/u--don't know how to describe it but the neck p/u is almost too "mellow" for me-though it isn't bad sounding at all. Did have to adjust p/u heights-and I'm still fine tuning them, as it seems to make a good bit of difference in this guitar--but for the money--it's a good buy.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yes, I looked at those when I purchased mine. Classic Tele 3 way switch, bridge and pickguard. I like togle switches and the bright unusual color suckered me in but I'm sure I would have been happy with the model like yours as well.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Their clearance section looks to be freshly stocked again.

Like I need to even think about looking in there... :roll: :roll:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Roy! My wife is watching me read this!!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Roy! My wife is watching me read this!!!!!
Well then, I hope you were good to her on Valentine's Day. :mrgreen:

Roy

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5