Skip to content
New here, got a que...

Notifications
Clear all

New here, got a question about my Digitech Whammy pedal.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@yjing)
Topic starter  

Hey everyone, i'm new to the forums, I guess as an introduction: I've been playing for 6 years, several bands, several gigs including Don Hill's and CBGB's in NYC. I play an Ibanez RG570 w/ Floyd Rose. I just sold my Marshall TSL 100/ 1960 Lead Cabinet for something more practical and extra cash being a college student. I plain out just did not need that much power. I now have the new Fender Stage 1000 and its pretty sick.

Now to my question about the Digitech Whammy pedal. I've search all over the net and couldn't find anything. Basically, the pedal when fully in the up position, doesn't bring the pitch back to tune. Like if I was on the 2 octave pedal, hit the low E pedal goes up, it hits 2 octaves higher, when I bring the pedal back to go back to low E it doesn't. It stays sliglty higher. I'd stay around 2 whole steps up. Why is this? Nothing is blocking it from going down anymore, as a matter of fact i removed the rubber paddings under the pedal thinking it was because of that. If I physically pull the pedal to reach the correct tuning of the guitar, it does... but with a lot of effort. Obviously this isn't what I paid $200 for. I bought this a while ago, and never had time to get around to fixing it, so I can't just send it back having no idea where the receipt is and all. I thought i'd try my luck here, if not i'll call Digitech. Thanks in advance. 8)

- Marc