Clear all

New pics of unidentified Samick...

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rnroutlaw1)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ok, so I could'nt help myself. I bought the guitar for 100 bucks. I feel that I totally made out on the deal. I just got it home so I am going to mess around with it for a while. Should'nt there be a serial number on it somewhere? I cant find one. And the headstock does'nt look like any of the ones on the Samick web site. It sounds so good though and plays very nice. It feels like a very solid built guitar. Its got a red transparent finish with a cream colored stripe that wraps around the body. Dual hummers with 1 vol. and 1 tone control and a 3-way switch. Anyone ever see one or know approximately what year it was made. I stopped by the local music shop on the way home and he said he thinks it is a Samick Fatstrat. According to the Samick site the never made a model called that. I'm stumped but I guess I can't complain.

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

For just a hundred bucks I think you got a really good deal. Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I have a samick strat copy. It has the exact same headstock and also lacks a serial number. I loved everything about my samick except for the electronics, which I replaced with a strat kit and pups from guitarfetish. Mines going on 5 years now and is a great guitar.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Good looking guitar! Looks like you ended up with a great deal! Enjoy! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Looks like a steal to me. Nice job!!

As far as serial number, have you checked the fretboard up near the body?

I have a 1968 Yamaha Semi Hollowbody Electric and I never noticed the serial number until I took pictures of the fretboard. It was engraved into the fretboard and being Rosewood, it didn't show very well unless light hit it just right.

Just a thought. :idea:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

No serial number there on mine. On the back of the neck I have a sticker though that tells me my model number, mines an LS Series Guitar. It reads LS-9

See if you have that little guy, near the joint. It's black with a gold border.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@rnroutlaw1)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I can see where a sticker once was on the back of the neck right above where the body and neck meet. Too bad it isn't there anymore. I have been messing around with it for a few hours now and am pretty happy with it. I did in fact find a slight situation though. The second string (A) is buzzing. However the first and third string are perfectly fine all the way up the neck. To me that is odd. Any advice on what I should do?

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Buzzing at a particular fret when held down at another fret, or just buzzing open?

It might be worth slackening the A string off, lifting it clear a little and then reseating and retuning it. It might just be sitting slightly oddly. Can't hurt anyway, and you might spots something in the process.

I always like to try the cheapest and easiest things first... :wink:

Looks nice too. :)

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

That is an older Samick guitar. The new ones - the ones you are referencing - are designed by Greg Bennett. The old Samick guitars are made in the same factory as many of the newer Greg Bennett series, but they lack the updated hardware like Grover tuners and Duncan Designed pickups. The one you have looks like a fine instrument. $100 is about right.

Enjoy!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote