Clear all

New update (funny)

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@william55)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well I got a guitar from musiciainsfriend.com right? And also an amp, The amp didn't work and parts were moving around inside, Then the neck on the guitar was bent really bad! If you have read my other posts, there was a really bad whisteling sound on my guitar and I just couldn't make it sound as good as the guy on the horse song on the beginners section. Whatever his name was....... So I went down to the guitar shop, and talked to this guy, which has a very good reputation. He is giving me the very minimum price (he doesn't make a profit off of the sell) which he does for people that get bad products from websites. He said he has had alot of people bring there instruments in from musciainsfriend. I am getting a nice $400.00 guitar thats with the case, probably around 420.00 total shipping. He said everyone that has bought that type has never had to get a better one, of course unless there wanting to get into super quality. I am really excited, I should have that 1 in a week.! Until then I am taking my friends guitar cause I just can't put it down. I am totally obsessed with playing and can't stop, I know I am going to love this!

(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

What kind of guitar is it?

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I just couldn't make it sound as good as the guy on the horse song on the beginners section. Whatever his name was.......

His name is David Hodge and he writes most of the articles and lessons here on Guitar Noise. He also writes for Guitar Player and Play Guitar! magazines. He is also the author of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing Bass Guitar".

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

MF has a very good 45 day "no questions asked" return policy.
why didn't you use it? also if it came shipped that way it sounds like it happened in shipping ,but you fail to mention the shipping company that probably caused the damage. i'm not doubting your story ,but it seems kinda weird.
wish i had a local shop that takes losses, or gives up their profit to do right by people wronged by the "online stores".
glad to hear you are happy, but these are questions i had to ask.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

MF has a very good 45 day "no questions asked" return policy.
why didn't you use it? also if it came shipped that way it sounds like it happened in shipping ,but you fail to mention the shipping company that probably caused the damage.

I agree, it sounds like the damage was done while shipping. I hear good and bad things about MF but I've never had a problem when dealing with them.

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@william55)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Maybe you all are right, I was just really upset cause i was just beginning and I don't know about these things. It was impossible for me to make the proper sounds along with the song cause the stupid neck was bent. It could have happened in shipping, and I am borrowing my friends guitar he got from musciains friend right now, And its a good guitar. The only thing that got me was how that guy said he got tons of people in there with problems when ordering from them. Who knows? And I did use the return policy, shipping it off today. They pay for shipping and everything, So that worked out really well. I apologize if I came off like I was downing the company, was just really frustrated cause if I didn't find out what the problem was, I would have probably end up quitting thinking I couldn't do it, when in reality it was a bent neck.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Actually that points up one advantage of taking lessons: The teacher would've recognized the equipment problem, whereas a new player working alone wouldn't.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

worked out really well. I apologize if I came off like I was downing the company, was just really frustrated cause if I didn't find out what the problem wasI

Don't worry about that I don't care about MF, it was just info.

I found out that, some of the local music stores will beat any price on MF, but, there is give and take there. I got my Taylor 314-CE for a good $200 less than what MF had it for. But it took 3 months before I got it and I had to put $700 down when I ordered it. (I'm left-handed so it may have taken longer). It was worth it! IF it's listed on MF as being in stock you can get in 5 days! You just have to decide if you can wait or not.

Another option you can use is buying used, again, I've heard good and bad, just try using common sense.

I know you want to play right away so MF might be the best option for now, as you progress, think of these other options, ask friends, call the local music stores for quotes.

Boib Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

If you can get a print out of a better price within 45 days MF will refund you the difference. :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

If you can get a print out of a better price within 45 days MF will refund you the difference. :wink:

Hmmm! I didn't know that. When I placed the order I knew the guy and pictured him painstakingly setting the truss rod and strings for low action, etc. When he called and I went to pick it up he just took it out the box that it was shipped in!

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

yeah, it's on the sites home page at the bottom, it's called the 45/45 guarantee.
regardless, i always prefer shopping at a local or non-chain music store if possible , but when it comes down to price differences that are substantial or selection i opt for the local MF or guitar center.
that's one of the reasons i taught myself to set up my own guitars as well.

#4491....

ReplyQuote