Clear all

Oh Yeah Chris C is back

31 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Haven't been here myself for some time, but logged on this morning and saw that the great man is back! Great to see you here again Chris, all the best to you and eveyone else at Guitar Noise for 2007

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi Rik :P

Geez, this is getting embarrassing... :oops:

Thanks to everybody who has said welcome back, on various threads. Apologies for not always replying - but I didn't want to hijack other people's posts.

For the majority of people here - who wouldn't have a clue why anybody might notice whether I'd come or gone - it's just Rik's sense of humour. We shared a few jokes in the past. I'm definitely not a guru - in fact I'm only another beginner/student who likes waffling about music.

You stick around too Rik. :)

Cheers,

Chris

Of course, this is Rik's cue to say "Actually, I meant another Chris....." :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

strange thread but i'll say your cool chris :P

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Wait Chris, you were gone? :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member

where did you go chris

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

where did you go chris

I didn't post here for nearly a year, after posting quite regularly for a while. I can't tell you the full story Frank, but it involved being kidnapped at gunpoint and chained in the hold of a rat infested pirate ship. And those were the good months.

The life of a sex slave to an insatiable pirate queen might sound like it's all rum and rumpy-pumpy, but I can assure you it took years off my life. I might look 60 in the pic on the left, but I'm really only 25. :cry: Things happened that even now hurt me to talk about... like having to dress up for her and.... play....sob.. drums in the ship's band... :cry:

Back at reality... my son started at High school this year, after I'd home schooled him for some years. So I've spent a lot of the year catching up on long delayed work of one sort or another. Although I did spend a few months learning the clarinet and ignoring the guitar.

I also tend to be a 'one forum at a time' person - so there's now an Australian gardening forum asking "Where did Chris_C go?" because one of their regular blabberers disappeared to pester the folks here about guitar again instead. That was one of my jobs for 2006 - finish the garden off. And I know even less about gardening than I do about guitar playing. So there was a lot of chatting to be done there - some of it even on topic.... :roll:

But I couldn't stay away from guitar forever, and for support, advice and just plain fun you can't beat GuitarNoise. I'm still a beginner, but I've made a lot of progress, and I'd give a ton of the credit for that to the good folks here whose humour, talent and willingess to share have motivated me to keep going.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

^^^lmao at your fake story

Had me tricked with the gunpoint statement, then it got too crazy. >_>

ReplyQuote
(@cicontention)
Trusted Member

i've been here less then a week.

you seem rather awesome though.

so don't leave again, or i'll kidnap you at gunpoint and stow you away on my pirate ship.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Had me gigglin like a school girl at
all rum and rumpy-pumpy, but I can assure you it took years off my life. I might look 60 in the pic on the left, but I'm really only 25. :cry:
Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member

you must have missed the gardening terribly while on that very bad pirate ship ye poor thing :( no wonder you vanished

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

The life of a sex slave to an insatiable pirate queen might sound like it's all rum and rumpy-pumpy

Oh she got you too? and I am soooooo glad she let you go just in time to see us lose the ashes 5 - 0. I feel some pommie bashing coming over the horizon. :roll: :roll:

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Its great to have you here Chris.

I have also noticed that Mikespe has been around for quite a time.

A great new year to you all.I believe Chris in Australia already had the new year.Myself gonna have after 2 hrs, then the people living in UK and USA will have the new year.

Sure the world is spinning around.

Isn't that cool ? :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member

A great new year to you all.I believe Chris in Australia already had the new year.Myself gonna have after 2 hrs, then the people living in UK and USA will have the new year.

Isn't that cool ? :wink:

i guess we will have one here to it sounds like fun

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

A pirate ship without satellite broadband? A likely story!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Chris C on a pirate ship? So THAT'S where all the bootlegs have been coming from.....

:D :D :D

BTW Chris, I've noticed a resemblance to a certain Bob Willis in the new photo.......

Oh and hey, welcome back Rik!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3