Clear all

Oh Yeah Chris C is back

31 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

:lol: :lol: Too funny Chris!! :lol: :lol:

Glad you're back! :D Happy New Year!! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Oh no, Chris is back *again*. :(

;)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Whew!, i thought that he left again, then returned again, and i missed it. 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

So is this Chris C guy a guitar genius or what :?:

Let Chris_C himself explain the mystery behind his super hero background here at GN... :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Oh she got you too? and I am soooooo glad she let you go just in time to see us lose the ashes 5 - 0. I feel some pommie bashing coming over the horizon. :roll: :roll:

Well, stick around Rik, and I'll see what I can do. :P

As Rahul says, it's Monday morning here already, so I'm already in training for tomorrow, when the last Test starts. You know, vital stuff like chilling the beer, arranging the cushions in front of the TV, limbering up the finger that operates the remote control, etc.

Unlike everybody else, I don't think that England can't win. They have some good players. I've really enjoyed watching Monty Panesar, and there are some good batsmen too, when they get going.

But there are 4 elements to the game - batting, bowling, fielding, and something you might call 'team spirit'. England have enough weaponry in the first two departments but just don't get the last two together as often or as well as Australia do. So they lose :D . But we can stuff it up too, so who knows, I might be sobbing into my beer by the end of the week. :cry:

(For the mystified Americans, Australia and England are currently slugging out a Cricket series. We have also had some great battles with India, who've had some fantastic players over the years, so I'm sure Rahul will know what we mean.)

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And for the mystified brits.....where the **** did we go wrong?

Now that's a looooooooooong story.......but perhaps playing a pretty ordinary spin bowler (Giles) who hadn't played for a year in the first two tests might have had something to do with it.....

Being without Michael Vaughan and Simon Jones - captain and top wicket taker from last year - might have had a bit more to do with it.....

But kudos to the Aussies, they raised their game and fully deserved to win (ouch, that hurts!) - it's the oldest international sporting contest in the world, dates back to 1877, and it doesn't matter who else bests who in the meantime - the big one is always Emgland v Australia.....

Where's Botham when you need him........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Oh no, Chris is back *again*. :(

;)

You can talk.....

Promedics.....Arjen...and now Sleutelbos, I'm not even going to ask what that means.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

So is this Chris C guy a guitar genius or what :?:

Absolutely! And getting a little closer to catching up to you with every day that I practice... :wink:

The only sensible course of action here is to try and turn the tables and say why I really come here - it's to hang out with musicians, and hope that some of their talent rubs off on me. :oops:

When I first joined up I was amazed by the people here - listening to Smokindog's wonderful home made tracks; reading highly knowledgeable comments on theory from folks like NoteBoat and others; seeing how much time and effort people like Nick and David put in to help other people; hearing from people like Wes Inman who have been playing for decades; listening to the fiercely independent and dedicated Arjen muscle his way towards his goals; and hearing the stories from guys like Jim (Geoo), and Vic Lewis who were enjoying their music in a regular way in their local communities, and all the others too numerous to mention. It was very impressive, but it all still seemed a bit out of reach for a beginner like me.

But, after a while I realised that I was learning from everybody here. Not just from the ones who could already play, but also the beginners who were facing the same questions and problems as me.

I'd like to name everybody here whose posts I've read - but it would take too long, it would be a huge list - so apologies for not mentioning you all. But you all count.

I'm just another opinionated old beginner who enjoys coming along to GN and learning, and occasionally trying to pass back some of what I've learned here.

This has been a good opportunity to thank you all for what you've all taught me, but maybe it's time for somebody to drag it off to a more obscure corner of the forum.

Cheers,

Chris

Sleutelbos? Is that 'Bunch of Keys'??

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Even if you haven't learned much, Chris, we've had a lot of fun not learning together.....

"Always look on the bright side of life......."

Vic

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome back Chris.. :!: :D

Now all I can think about is how to get kidnapped and become a sex slave but with my choice of the kidnapper. :twisted:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Welcome back Chris.. :!: :D

Now all I can think about is how to get kidnapped and become a sex slave but with my choice of the kidnapper. :twisted:

Yes, it's the choice aspect that's the tough part... :P

Great to see you again Nils - I'd been looking around to see if you were still posting, as you were one of the many regulars that I learned from on my first visits. :)

It seems that many people from then are still here. But I haven't spotted Mikespe yet. I can remember some of the agonies that he went through, but I can also recall learning a lot myself through trying to work out ways of getting through the things he was also struggling with. Perhaps he's under another a name now, but I hope he's still playing.

For anybody who hasn't done so yet - check out Nils pages (link in his sig) there's some great stuff there. Also look out for similar links from people like Greybeard, NoteBoat, etc. There's some really useful resources here just a click away.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It was very impressive, but it all still seemed a bit out of reach for a beginner like me.

I'm willing to bet all my guitars there are plenty of things you can do that I and many others here can't, even if you may think nothing of it. The only real limits in music are those you impose on yourself. If you believe nothing is out of reach for you then I'm absolutely sure you will learn everything you've ever wanted to learn. Have a great 2007!
Sleutelbos? Is that 'Bunch of Keys'??

Yup, a bunch of keys on a keyring. You can see an example of a Sleutelbos on the cover picture of my album. For the rest it means absolutely nothing so if anyone asks about it I don't have to come up with fake pretensious nonsense. :D

I'm availlable for kidnapping during office hours by the way, any interested female members are free to drop a PM. ;)

By the way, anyone knows where Joe is?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

He got kidnapped as a sex slave, I think.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

He got kidnapped as a sex slave, I think.

It's true...

I'm now on a commission to find replacements. And she's keen on beards too, so if you can work on changing your Father Christmas "Ho ho ho" to a more piratical "Yo Ho Ho" you could be next.... :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

YO, HO, HO,

And a bottle of rum!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3