Clear all

Online Guitar Tuners

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@alex_)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, yeah i have a guitar tuner that i can plug into my guitar etc, but it doesnt have an option for say, tuning to Eb.. which i would like to do occasionally but i dont cos whenever i try (with a keyboard) it just doesnt work..

is there an online tuner that will like play the notes and i can tune my guitar to? to something basic like Eb (every note down a semitone).

Would help a lot, thanx.

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Try AP Guitar Tuner here: http://www.sharewaremusicmachine.com/smm/programs/AP_Guitar_Tuner/

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

go to the freebies section and look at the first post. There is a ton of stuff there.

ReplyQuote
(@cmoewes)
Estimable Member

If you are going to tune it by ear to your computer you might as well learn to tune it by ear yourself.

Start in a good standard tuning (make sure you low E string is in tune). Now, fret the low E string at the 4th fret and tune the 5th string (the A) to this note. You will now have an A flat. Now just tune the guitar by ear normally (4th string tuned to the 5th string on the 5th fret, 3rd string tune to the 4th string on the 5th fret, 2nd string tuned to the 3rd string on the 4th fret and the 1st string tuned to the 2nd string on the 5th fret). Then all you need to do is go back and drop your low e down a half step. I find fretting the 6th string at the 5th fret and then dropping it down till it matches the 5th string in tone (a-flat). Alternately you can tune down the 6th string till it matches the 1st string (just an octave down).

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

The computer tuner listens to the frequency and gives you a gauge to let you know when it's correct. There isn't much ear too it.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Guitar Pro (similar to powertab) has a tuner in it which can do any tuning

ReplyQuote