Notifications
Clear all

Pickups

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sebas1023)
Topic starter  

So i have and epiphone Les Paul Junior, and imconsidering upgrading it soon. It is currently equipped with a 700T humbucker, but im considering getting an emg pickup, but imnot sure which one to get. This is the first time im getting a pickup, so im not 100% what to get

(@alangreen)

The most common EMG setup is an 85 in the neck and an 83 in the bridge (or vice versa - my notes are down the studio so check this configuration), and unless you're happy routing out a hole for the battery to power the active versions then you should stick to the passive versions.

Before you spend any money though - aren't the pups on an Epi LP Junior surface mounted? If they are, then passives may be your only choice. Talk to your local shop

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@sebas1023)
Topic starter  

thanks, this really helped. I looked up emg's and they have passives, so i might go for one of those, but my options are h1, h1a,h2, h2a,h3,h3a, h4 and h4a (kinda leaning toward the H4A). Any suggestions for a more Hardcore sound if anyone knows these pickups.

ReplyQuote
(@sebas1023)
Topic starter  

Actually, ive heard the H4A and the rest of the passives are pretty bad. Ive heard of good reviews about the Alexi Liaho ALX set, and i think i might go for that one. What do you guys think about this one, or would you recommend another pickup.

ReplyQuote
(@sebas1023)
Topic starter  

So after researching a bit, i found seymour duncans. So My three options are the EMG alx, Seymour duncan blackout and seymour duncan black winter. Im really looking for a metalcore, hardcore sound. Which would you guys suggest.

ReplyQuote