Clear all

Playing Guitar in the Bathroom

39 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

How many here play guitar in the bathroom? C'mon now, I've tried it out before and have taken a liking to it.. I'm sure others have as well. I have this little practice amp I set up in there and there are definitely some quality acoustics in the bathroom.. there aren't so many quality smells on the other hand, but it's a trade-off.

The sound just reverberates in the bathroom like no other room in the house. It's a little inconvenient for the family when nature calls, but soothing melodies can ease that discomfort in my opinion. I haven't asked anyone else's opinion.

I'm thinking about setting up some microphones in there one of these days and seeing what it sounds like on tape. Although I am afraid of what I might catch on tape in between takes. I could even turn the faucet on and have some running water in the background, real soothing stuff.

So, am I the only one who does this?

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

(@margaret)
Noble Member

:lol: Can't say I've tried that or have any plans to...

But there is a person who works in my office building who wears her wireless headset phone into the bathroom and continues her conversations there. :? You'd think the flush would be somewhat of a giveaway. She says she only does it when talking to her family members, but I dunno...... :roll:

BTW, has anyone ever mentioned that electricity and water don't mix well? :idea:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

BTW, has anyone ever mentioned that electricity and water don't mix well? :idea:

Really? I guess that throws my soothing bath and guitar idea out the window. I guess I'll have to buy an acoustic. ;)

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

:lol:

Margaret

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Guilty. I love reverb and the bathroom is the next best thing to walking into a local church. I've heared people talk here about church-bands but playing guitar in a church is unheard of in the Netherlands...

ReplyQuote
(@indiana_jonesin)
Estimable Member

My bathroom's too small. I have to step out to change my mind!

"Yes and an old guitar is all that he can afford,
when he gets up under the lights to play his thing..."-Dire Straits
http://www.myspace.com/misterpete42

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

When I first saw this post my reaction was something like, "WHAT????HUH???" But now I am really eager to see what kind of effects I can get in my bathroom.

P.S. I guess I'm pretty lucky because my bathroom is separated into two parts; one with just the sink, and the other has the shower and toilet. Both are relatively the same size and shape so I am guessing I can get the same acoustics without having to look at the can while playing!

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

guilty as charged....i used to read in there but have something better to do now....guess its called CHAMBER MUSIC :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :oops:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

the next time you bathroom have your acoustic touch the bathroom sink while you play. instant amplifier.

I was into surf music as a kid. my fav tune was 'Wipe Out'. :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Really? I guess that throws my soothing bath and guitar idea out the window. I guess I'll have to buy an acoustic. ;)
I see potential for a new market -- aquatic guitars?

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I was into surf music as a kid. my fav tune was 'Wipe Out'. :)
Awww, SICK, man!

ROFLMAO

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Margaret

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Guilty - my acoustic 12er sounds like about 100 guitars playing (almost) in unison. When I get a mic, I'm going to also get a very long extension cable for it :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

guilty as charged....i used to read in there but have something better to do now....guess its called CHAMBER MUSIC :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :oops:

*rimshot* lol very good!

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

You can always read music in the bathroom.

Top Gun Theme will work well if you are constipated.

Any song by any heavy metal death band will also work if you are badly constipated.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

*rimshot* lol very good!
^^^^^^
<spit, cough ... cough> :P Even funnier on several levels.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3