Clear all

Pleae Help - New Member, Need Advice

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Recently a promotions company contacted my band and they want to do a college radio campaign with us this fall. Bottomline: They think that our music is radio ready, but we are not sure. We recorded it in a home studio as a demo. I looked around in this forum and say that there were some intellegent people here (sometimes hard to find that on the net). We really need some good feedback on weather not our songs are ready. Please give a couple of them a listen and lets us know what you think. The songs are at http://www.mp3.com/holleycarbines

Thanks,

Shannon

the holleycarbines

(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member

It sounds pro, its a good recording over all, and even thought its not my style of music i like some of the guitar parts. The singer gose of key quite a bit but its not that noticable unlease you listen for it. But it dose sound radio ready.

Also if you dont mind me asking how much dose it cost to have a mp3.com page?

Never turn your back on friends.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Also if you dont mind me asking how much dose it cost to have a mp3.com page?

Promote your music to the world

* It's FREE! No sign-up or maintenance fees.

* Upload your songs and be heard.

* Make and customize your own site.

* Add graphics, music, bio and more.

* Create and sell CDs.

The basic setup is free. You can upgrade for fancy stuff, but it aint that important.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Hi Shannon;

My philosophy is that if someone else likes what I am doing, then it must be OK.  People sometimes say (not often mind you) "That was great, how do you do that?" and I think to myself "You're joking right? This was easy."  One person's talent may be magic to someone else.

The point is that if they think you're ready, and they're putting up the cash, then why say no?  If any of us waited until we thought we were "good enough", we'd never get out of the basement.

Good Luck!

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@forrest)
Trusted Member

Damn right it's radio ready. My thoughts echo those of Laz. Never doubt or underestimate yourselves again, it'll probably be the biggest obstacle in the way of your progress. It's my kind of music too. Keep up the good work and the best of luck to you all with your music in the future,
          Richard.

ReplyQuote
(@mastery)

The point is that if they think you're ready, and they're putting up the cash, then why say no?  If any of us waited until we thought we were "good enough", we'd never get out of the basement.

Good Luck!

-Laz

Exactly Right. Where alot of people fail is that they are too worried about little problems when they should be out trying to make something.

Shannon, If someone thinks its ready, then it should be. Its not the end of the world if its not perfect, and publicity shouldnt be missed when you can get it.

Good Luck.

ReplyQuote