Notifications
Clear all

Please I need urget advice on new guitar

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@carpercen)
Topic starter  

Hi guys, don't know if this is the right place, my apology if not...

Well to be short, I want a new guitar, I'm from México and i'm buying it from musiciansfriend.com

this is what I have in mind:
The Epi Prophecy custom plus EX/GX

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-prophecy-les-paul-custom-plus-ex-gx-electric-guitar/h79034000001000

I'd like to now which one is the best one? Don't know which way to go... if passive or active pickup... what do you guys thing?

I like blues and rock, but the band I like the most is Opeth, if that helps in something to help me with you advices...

I don't know if the Gibson 490/498 will work great with metal and in the other hand, don't know how great the EMG 81/85 will be with clean tones or stuff like blues or jazz... even funk!

This is the first serious guitar I'm going to buy... my old was was a cheaper one, with fret buzz and things like that, that I'll send to a luthier to get fixed since it has floydrose...

Now, I was going to buy it right now because I get a discount cupon for that Epi... But as I was going to click on "checkout and order" I started to doubt... Is that a good option? or for that price, Can i get something better?

And above of that... what do you thinks will work better? the EX or GX?

(@carpercen)
Topic starter  

Oh, btw, I didn't know that my post had to be reviewed before being posted... and forget to say thank you... so, thank you guys!

And btw... I was in a hurry for the discount ticket so I had to order it yesterday (this wasn't posted in time xD) so I buy the blue EX one... just to test the active PU...

I want to change them in one month or two...

Want to put a pair of seymour duncan on it...

But don't know which is a better combo:

Jazz Humbucker SH-2 and JB SH-4

or!

Jazz Humbucker SH-2 and SH-10 Full Shredd

any opinions on this?

Thank you again for everything!

ReplyQuote