Notifications
Clear all

Potential GAS...

51 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Thats why we split with you in 1776 Vic .... Boston tea party my butt ... it was guitars. Move across the pond ........ your welcome here. :lol: On the other hand though, did you see Scrybe's thread on what she stold that Marshall for? Do you get better deals on Marshalls in England?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

In the UK, a happy customer is defined (by music shop staff) as one who still has his/her bus fare home!

:D :D :D

Vic

That's true in the U.S. for Harley-Davidson stores. If you ever wondered what H-D really stands for...it's "hundred dollar."

Meaning you won't walk out of there without spending at least a hundred dollars. :|

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

lol, TR, nah we don't - I just happened to get a really good deal. I didn't even know it at the time, being green to tube amp prices and everything, I just knew it was EC's Bluesbreaker amp and I wanted it. I've no idea why they were selling it so cheap, its worked brilliantly in the last 7 years, no mods or anything. The only two problems I have with it (size/weight aside) are the noise, which you'd expect from tube amps anyway, and the absence of reverb - dunno why they thought tremolo was a better/more popular effect. But a Boss Reverb or similar does the job quite nicely. 8)

Vic - ahh my friend, you should try Curly music then. I'm really gonna sound like I work for them now, lol (see Darth's What To Do thread), but I just made a large order with them, then remembered afterwards that I needed a few bits (capo, spare strings, machine head for Epi LP) and they just tossed them in free and will sort cases for my two guitars if they come without cases (I know the Spear is sans case, I presumed the Martin would have a case, but who knows?). They also ordered a new Blues Jr in for me, having honestly informed me that the only one they had in stock was a display model which had been used a fair bit and might therefore require an early tube replacement. They also happily sorted a gig bag, strings (couple of packs), and basic stand for my Ibanez when I got that a week or so ago. All in all, a very nice shop. :D

Anyway, back to GAS. First order placed and due thursday(ish) next week:

Spear Tomcat Goldent Tiger electric (SD Jazz and Jeff Beck pups)
Martin D15
Fender Blues Jr
Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal
Shure SM58

Second order (online stuff) about to be placed tonight. In need of some food first, though!

FMR RNP preamp
Couple of Blue mics
M-Audio Axiom 61
miscellaneous cable stuff
Crybaby 535Q
Pro Co Rat 2
Pro Co Solo
MXR Blue Box
Korg stomp box tuner (or Boss, gotta decide, lol)
Skullcandy headphones (hey, ya can't just sound kewl, ya gotta look kewl too 8) )

And, um, well...............I just succumbed and bought a Nikon D40X camera. :|

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Vic - ahh my friend, you should try Curly music then. I'm really gonna sound like I work for them now, lol (see Darth's What To Do thread),

LMAO - yeah, I read that. I also noticed the guitar shop where you USED to work. Want to take a wild guess where I bought my Tele?

So where is Curly's in Liverpool? For future reference only, you understand...it'll be a while before I actually have any cash to part with!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Scrybe, I can't wait to hear some clips....especially of the Martin.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Vic - in LVP, Dawson's, Doplhin Music, and Curly Music are on the same street, sepearated by a mere couple of shops. The street should be caled Heaven avenue, but I think its Ranleigh St, or summat. Dolphin, which I'm deeply unimpressed by, is just opposite Dawsons. Should be leaving Dawsons empty-handed (or otherwise), turn left as you leave, go up past the Italian pasta place and cross the road, walk past McDonalds, and Curly music is the shop next door to McD's. And there you may well not leave empty-handed. Guitars (and their related items) are downstairs, while drums and other stuff (um, I've never had to venture upstairs, I somehow always get distracted before I reach the stairs, no idea why, lol) are upstairs.

Years back, Curly used to be a tiny little guitar store on/by Matthew St, and the owners somehow financed the move to this bigger venue. As they were refurbing, Dawon's opened shop and, um, wowed the local clientele. Curly struggled a fair bit in the first few years trying to compete wth such abig chainstore, and I'm guessing their customer service played part in their sticking around.

The young Scybre would like to thank you for taking the time to read this Curly public service announcement. :lol: :wink:

rparker - definitely, good sir. pics and then audio will certainly be appearing, once I've gotten over the joy of Christmas in February (hmm, I feel a song coming on...). 8)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4