0 Likes
(@alex_)
Honorable Member

I don't really know how the tabs are with PT

- then how can you compare?

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Oh, it is very simple. if the tabs I use are 100% totally accurate, why would I give a crap about other tabs? They can't be better, so why bother? And since GP is better in many other aspects, I see no real need to use PT.

FYI: I do use PT occasionally, if there are no GP tabs for it. Usually these songs are quite unknown, and as such the tabs are not a good representation of the PT tabs. They are free, so use both. But I still think GP is better.

ReplyQuote
(@epiphoneisgibson)
Eminent Member

whew..thanks for clearing that up for me

happiness is a warm poppy

ReplyQuote
(@omega)
Estimable Member

Oh, it is very simple. if the tabs I use are 100% totally accurate, why would I give a crap about other tabs? They can't be better, so why bother? And since GP is better in many other aspects, I see no real need to use PT.

So, one is better than the other, even though they are both usually at 100%?

IMO, Powertabs has a much better interface/usability than guitar pro.

Somnium Dulcis.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Sorry Omega, but I find it somewhat annoying if people misquote me only to put words in my mouth. I never said both were usually at 100%, I said the GP tabs I use usually were. After that I gave a list of things where GP totally dominated PT and as such stated that it was to me not interesting to properly try PT, since the tabs can't be better and it lacks options GP does have.
IMO, Powertabs has a much better interface/usability than guitar pro.

Can you give any concrete examples? I've explained where GP is superior to PT, so it would make sense in this discussion to have the PT-supporters give examples of the PT superiority.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Just to throw my two cents in, as I stated before I think that guitar pro is a little better than PT, but I will qualify my statement and that is with all things being equal.

What I'm trying to say is that it really depends on the tab. If the tab is correct than I would prefer to use guitar pro, but like any other site alot of the tab is not correct but many like Arjen said are typed over from an official score.

Personally I use both, whichever has the more realistic tab/sound for the song I want to learn.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@omega)
Estimable Member

Can you give any concrete examples? I've explained where GP is superior to PT, so it would make sense in this discussion to have the PT-supporters give examples of the PT superiority. Sorry Omega, but I find it somewhat annoying if people misquote me only to put words in my mouth. I never said both were usually at 100%, I said the GP tabs I use usually were. After that I gave a list of things where GP totally dominated PT and as such stated that it was to me not interesting to properly try PT, since the tabs can't be better and it lacks options GP does have.

Sorry, thats my misconception of how you came across/your meaning. Although, on the other side of the ball, I personally find that Powertabs can't be much better on the whole, and thus is not in my interests to fully test the capabilities of GP.
Can you give any concrete examples? I've explained where GP is superior to PT, so it would make sense in this discussion to have the PT-supporters give examples of the PT superiority.

Again, its in my opinion, but I found that especially 'messing around,' i.e, combining different tracks/instrument combinations was much easier in Powertab as opposed to Guitar Pro. Also, (And I dont know if you can change this, I havent experimented with the configurations) I found it much harder to select a different place in the bar with the mouse, just small things like that, its been a while since I used it.

Sorry for any offense.

Somnium Dulcis.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2