Notifications
Clear all

Questions about Acoustic Guitar for Project

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@demilydoyle)
Topic starter  

Hey, this is Demily, and I’m a grade 10 student. For my Science 10 term project, we are required to pick a career/profession and interview someone involved in it. We picked an instrument used in this career field, so if you don’t mind, I would like to ask you all few questions about the instrument I chose, which is an acoustic guitar!

What’s the best way to store your acoustic guitar?

What do you look for when investing in a guitar?

How often do you have to replace the strings on your guitar?

How much does a quality, long-lasting, good acoustic guitar cost?

Thank you for the help :)

(@guitars4lifeee)

1. The best way to store your guitar would be in it’s case or bag. Normally, I buy a cloth and cleaner at a music store specifically for guitars for after I play.

2. I look for a guitar that is not only aesthetically pleasing, but sounds really good too. I do lots of research on different types of guitar and what I would think suits me and my style best.

3. This depends on how often you use your guitar and for how long at a time. A more frequent player should change them 1-2 times a month, and someone who doesn’t play too often maybe 4 times a year.

4. Personally, I prefer maple because it seems to amplify my sound more, and it sounds beautiful. However, everyone has different preferences depending on sound like mahogany, alder, basswood and more.

:P :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@lesspaul)
Trusted Member

What’s the best way to store your acoustic guitar?
Instruments are like people, they don't like to be too hot or too cold. Store your instrument in a climate controlled room (not the garage). Humidity will depend on where you live. I keep humidifiers in my case because I live in the desert. Cases are great, but make sure you don't have to push the case closed. That means there's constant tension on the instrument and can cause major problems.

What do you look for when investing in a guitar?
That depends on what you mean by investing. If I'm considering a guitar as an investment. I look for it to be appreciating, because it will be worth more later. If you just mean what do I look for before spending. I care about sound and intonation.

How often do you have to replace the strings on your guitar?
1/mo. I wipe mine down every time I'm done playing with a lint free cloth.

How much does a quality, long-lasting, good acoustic guitar cost?
That depends on what you're looking for. The least I'm going to spend on my next guitar will be $3000 on the guitar and who knows how much to repair/modify it to plug into an amp.

You can find a solid top guitar that plays pretty well in tune for around $250 USD.

~Yours Troubadorly,
http://www.sergiopaulomusic.com

ReplyQuote