Questions on accessories

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I have a few questions about "things" for my guitars.

Wall Hangers - Any trouble with them pulling out of the wall? I just purchased a dog and I have to get my guitars off the floor. I am not too worried about the acoustic cause they arent that heavy but I am worried about my electric pulling out of the wall.

Acoustic cases - Are they all the same? I have an acoustic called a "Montana" and its just a standard dreadnought. But not sure if I can just purchase any ol case. I'd like to order it from MusiciansFriends as they have been the most reliable to me.

Straplocks - I am going to have to order them for my electric as the strap has started falling off. What do I need to know to order them? What is a good brand.. I am mystified by them so any information works for me.

Thanks
Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I think you wall mounts are very sturdy and secure. You just need to make sure you sink them into a stud behind your drywall for maximum support and strength.

As far as cases, you probably wouldn't have any difficulty with a gig bag but finding a perfect fit case may be a little more labor intensive.

Strap locks I think are going to be a matter of preference by design. I have strap locks that came with my deluxe so it is the only experience I've had with them. However, these have the little ball ends and not so sure they are right for every strap.

But installation should be a breeze. You will most likely screw out the old and screw in the new.

If you want a really nice strap button that is impossible to get a strap on and even more impossible to get it off, look for some replacement PRS strap buttons. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@piratefromhell)

Instead of strap locks, you could get yourself one of these http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-134-Planet-Lock-Strap?sku=365215

It's a very nice strap with a veeeery comfortable shoulder pad, AND it locks onto any guitar you may have without needing to buy anything else, and without touching a screw driver.
They work a bit like handcuffs, you insert the end on your strap pin, spin the wheel till it locks and there you go. To release you press a small button and spin the wheel the other way. It's easier to do than my best friend's mum.
Also has a little sleeve to put spare picks in case the one you're playing with goes flying. And yes, it also comes with a Planet Wave pick.

I think Joe Satriani uses Planet Wave straps.

The day this strap fails me and my beautiful Dean Hardtail falls on the floor, I'll cut off my pride and feed it to the manufacturer.

ReplyQuote