Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

Raven west Guitars?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I know the rule of thumb when purchasing guitars is to play it before buying. However I saw these guitars on eBay from a seller I purchased patch cables from. RavenWest Guitars is the name of the dealer and he has 100% feedback. I would like to email those that purchased one of these to find out what they think. They look great and the specs appear to be of quality parts. I am not looking to purchase a new guitar anytime soon since my money is tied up in effects lately LOL! But it would be nice to know there are inexpensive options besides Rondo guitars.

(@Anonymous)

Well right after posting this I checked Harmony Central for reviews. They didn't have this exact model but all the reviews look great! I'll bet this guy does what Kurt at Rondo does. Have these guitars made in the same factory in Korea/China according to his specs and sells them at his store/eBay. This could be a viable alternative for those that are no "name junkies".

EDIT

Plus I just noticed he includes a hardshell case with every guitar!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

RavenWest has been around a while. I've not seen him on eBay, but I've been to his site a couple of times and found "huge discounts" on some of his gear. As to quality.................................... :?:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

If RavenWest is the same as Raven, then I have one. I picked up an RX 12 (I think) four years ago on eBay. It is a good guitar in that it plays well and feels comfortable. It's not the best made thing - the tuners can be touchy and even though it's an electric twelve string it's a little, I don't know, lifeless.

But it does the trick when I need an electric twelve string. Since I have no intention (or funds) to go chasing after a quality lefty instrument of this nature, it fits the bill perfectly. I think that you'll find Raven guitars compare nicely to Rondo or SX guitars. They are in the same "tier" of manufacturing, if you will.

Hope this helps. Write me directly if you've more questions.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

they look decent

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote