Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Recording Acoustic Guitar With Dynamic Microphones  

RSS

(@cstemmans)
13/07/2020 12:34 pm  

Hello,

I have been trying to record my Martin GPC11E with an MXL 990 for quite some time. I used to have it straight to my Behringer  U-Phoria UM2 that connects to my laptop with phantom 48v supplied from there. I was having issues with electrical hum and I diagnosed the issue with a cheap transformer in my interface. In an attempt to correct this, I purchased a Yamaha MG06 Mixer with a better preamp and an ac power source. Unfortunately, the hum is still present. The hum is not from other appliances and led’s in the house. I know this because I made a little battery case that powered the mixer with the batteries instead of the ac adapter. I am now thinking about getting rid of the mixer and phantom power all together. I am going to try to buy a dynamic microphone to replace the MXL 990 and the Yamaha mixer. If you haven’t noticed, I am on a pretty tight budget. All of my equipment is under $100, so this new mic should follow suit. If anybody has any advice, tips, or recommendations, please let me know!! Everything is appreciated. Thanks!

Are you on the list? Join for free

Never miss another Guitar Noise lesson again.