Clear all

Remembering Songs

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@distortion5)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have trouble remembering songs. I can play a lot of songs and played them hundreds of times but only when I see the tab in front of me. Without the tab, I cant really remember a lot of the parts. Anyone else have this problem, and Is there anything that can be done? Thanks.

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

This problem is common, it's alot like studying... I think that if you try to study too much in one sitting then it just will not stick. Do you try and memorize the whole song when you practice? I would recommend just sitting there and memorize part by part SLOWLY (yes, this takes a bit of patience).

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member

I have that problem, if I try to learn too many songs at once.. Especially if they are similar.. Ill get half way through the first song only to realize Ive ended up in the chorus of a completly different song.. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@geetar66)
Estimable Member

I agree with Steve-O, try to take the song apart and lock down the various parts of it (verse, chorus, whatever) and then piece it back together again..."I must break this to fix it". Soon it will become second nature, after a lot of practice...

:)

Meet me tonight in Atlantic City

ReplyQuote