Clear all

Retiring from GN

35 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Wot?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Dude, If you can't disagree your friends once and a while whats the use :lol: :lol: Who said every one is going to agree with every one here any way, we are all like brothers and sisters here and sometimes we don't agree on stuff--THATS OK :D :D :D As long as we treat each other with RESPECT, it ok to have a heated dicussion now and then, its kinda fun even!!!

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Seriously, everyone gets a monk on from time to time, it's normal. Have you never had a disagreement with your mother, father, brother, sister, dog, budgie or whatever?

Has someone PM'ed you and told you to sling your hook? No? What's the problem?
Yes? Don't worry about it - I was 15 once (was I really? When was that? Ahhh, yes - the Beatles had just released "Please, Please me" - on a 78, wasn't it? :D ).

If you've been flamed or otherwise demeaned, let one of the modaterators (as 300m likes to call us) know and we'll sort 'em out. We've got teeth, you know (even if we do keep them in a glass at night).

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

I talk politics often during the week with some longtime buddies, and I gotta tell ya, if I hadn't known them since we were 8 years old we sure wouldn't be speaking terms anymore. But we are. Because it's real easy for a sarcastic comment to sound mean and nasty online, and people usually don't mean for you to take it personally. So don't worry about it.
I haven't read anything offending.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Hey, I offended a 1st time poster this week. He said he would never come back to GuitarNoise. I did not intend that, but it happens.

The truth is, you cannot go through life worrying about offending people. I can tell you from experience that whatever you do in life, someone will be offended.

And everyone hates a suck-up who tries to please everyone. People like that are phony.

So yeah, try to live at peace with all people. But know that sometimes you will offend people whether you want to or not. Some people are not that hard to offend. 8)

Be yourself. Speak your mind, but do it with respect. Then people will respect you for your courage and truthfulness.

It's just like an old song by Ricky Nelson (you are probably too young to know who he was). He said,

"You see you, can't please everyone, so ya', got to please yourself"

That is a great lyric right there. And true.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Wes (and everyone else above) is 100% right. All you can do is treat people as you would like to be treated yourself and that is with respect.

As far as I have seen that is what you did so this seems to have come out of left field somewhere.

And anyone that can't take a joke, Well you know.
It's just like an old song by Ricky Nelson (you are probably too young to know who he was). He said,

"You see you, can't please everyone, so ya', got to please yourself"

That is a great lyric right there. And true.
Wes, I was at that "Garden Party" and it was a fantastic concert

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

yaa yoyo," relax dont do it" omg did i say that? really dude keep hangin
it wont kill you :P

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Funny that....we played "Hello Mary Lou" in the pub tonight...led into a discussion about "Garden Party" and who really was the Walrus....

But forget that for now, Yoyo....stick around mate, there's plenty more fun to be had on these forums....there's a big difference between GN and other (VASTLY INFERIOR) guitar forums...cross the line here between good taste and flaming, you'll soon know about it.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Yoyo, I have never seen anything you have written that would have offended anyone. Take a couple of days off, but don't leave. Think how about how many people you have talked into buying a Seagull.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I may have gone a little too far with the retiring thing, but what triggered me to do it was that I made a post that I thought I knew about, and it ended up being one of the things that guitarnoise reccomended(gotta make some money somewhere, right? 8) ). What it was was one of those software thingys that says that you can learn guitar in 10 days or whatever (now really, thats a complete lie, even if guitarnoise does stand behind it) and I'd tried a few of those things before, but they didn't work for me, so I made a negitive comment about it (without knowing that GN reccomended it) without trying it. Then a senior member told me to get a grip, and PM'd me, saying that somebody had said something negetive about me, and that he agree'd. Well, that got me thinking that maybe I wasn't wanted here... But, thanks everybody for reassuring me, I really apreciate it. I'm gonna slow down on the posting though, I think I do kind of need to slow down on that though. Thanks again everbody.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Wasn't me. You certainly haven't offended me. I was feeling left out. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

All right then, your a poo-poo head. :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

Darn it YoYo your coming back! If you were quiting GN I was going to ask for your posting points!! :wink:

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Thanks... I needed that!
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey yoyo, how did guitar camp go last weekend :?: Glad your stickin around!!--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3