Clear all

Seagull M6 and Dealer Feedback

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@slowfingers)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

As you may remember, I recently ordered a Seagull M6 after having much trouble finding the right guitar for me locally. It finally came in today, and all I can say is "What a beautiful guitar!" This is a much nicer looking instrument that the S6's I had played at some local dealers while searching. The sound from this thing is incredible, too. Very warm tones, thought not very loud. The action on it is nice and low. Seems to be a much easier guitar to work with than the cheapie Kona I was playing before.

I have to give a big thumbs up to the dealer. Atlanta Discount Music made me a very good deal on the guitar plus case deal. They did what appears to be a very nice setup on it as well. I could not be more pleased with them than I am. If you are looking for a good dealer to order through, and having trouble with some of the big names (Musician's Friend, ZZounds, etc.), then give George Coats a call. Atlanta Discount Music does have a website, but it is currently under construction. You can find their number to call them from, at least. He treated me well, and I suspect he will do the same for you.

Seagull M6 Gloss

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Yes the M6 is an exellent guitar.. thats why i got one myself! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Oh, and BTW geartree.com sells seagulls.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@slowfingers)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Oh, and BTW geartree.com sells seagulls.

Thanks. I checked them out, but their prices were much higher than what I paid, and really not competitive with anyone online or elsewhere. (on the Seagulls at least).

Seagull M6 Gloss

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

^Yeah... even the stores in austin were alot cheaper. I'm just saying that looks like the only US online store that carries them.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

This is a much nicer looking instrument that the S6's I had played at some local dealers while searching.
Congrats on your new guitar! What else is different between the M- and S- series besides looks? I was thinking about the S12, but was concerned about quality in such a low-priced 12-string. Don't think there's an M12 though.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@slowfingers)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

This is a much nicer looking instrument that the S6's I had played at some local dealers while searching.
Congrats on your new guitar! What else is different between the M- and S- series besides looks? I was thinking about the S12, but was concerned about quality in such a low-priced 12-string. Don't think there's an M12 though.

Well, that statement is probably more of a honeymoon statement than anything else. I just got the guitar in yesterday, and I love it. Of course I am going to say it is better than any others. :D Really though, this one has a much nicer appearance to me. The Seagulls I got to try were non-gloss cedar tops. As far as play goes, the tones are warm than the S- series (maybe due more to the Spruce gloss top than the M versus S). The S- series was a little louder (or took less kick to get the volume out of it). That could also be more related to the top than anything else. Anyway, some may see the volume as a negative for mine, and if that is the case, go with the other. I play after the kids have gone to bed, so it is a plus for me.

Big picture, both are outstanding. I can not speak in a really informed way about the differences. I bought the M6 without ever having played it, based on how much I liked the S6, just because I found a great deal on it. So, I would not in any way mean to say anything negative about the S6. I played it against a lot of guitars, including some Martins, Guilds, and Tacomas, and liked the Seagull better than all of them. The only guitar I played that I liked better was the Taylor 214, and I should not have ever had it in my hands to begin with (it was out of my price range). So, if you think you might like an S12, you probably will.

By the way, they do make an M12.
http://seagullguitars.com/specs.htm

Seagull M6 Gloss

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Doh! I should have looked there first! :oops:

Thanks very much for the link and comments. That's very helpful.

Now I need to go find one of each to play! :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote