Clear all

Serenading strangers

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm doing an internship this summer in Maryland, with housing provided at a local extended stay suites hotel. Every night around 9:30 I come out to the courtyard and play my acoustic and sing a bit before going back to me room to practice my electric. Last night I was approached by a slightly tipsy fellow who invited me to come over to his table full of slightly tipsy food service management professionals who were at some sort of seminar. So I played, and quite a bit at that:

Norwegian Wood
Yesterday
Blowin' in the Wind
The Needle and The Damage Done
Wish You Were Here
Let it Be (which I didn't know the chords for...god I love faking it through simple but wonderful diatonic tunes)
Hotel California
Cecilia
Fire and Rain
Blackbird
Sweet Child O' Mine (which I think went better than my recorded take)
A fragment of my song-in-progress

After the first song, one of the slightly tipsy food service management professionals put a plastic cup next to me with a dollar in it, and over the course of the night a few others followed suit. $7 may not be much, but it's pretty good for just enjoying the evening. Plus, I was given a delicious plate of grilled chicken and steak for my efforts, and it's always fun to perform for such an appreciative audience.

~Sam