Clear all

simple audacity question

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

how do i get the 1st reocrded track to play while recording my 2nd track? i know theres an option somewhere

I feel inspired now, so if this is answered quick enough, ill post up the "The Rover- Led Zeppelin" solo, with backing track, reaaaaal soon
If i get it right

thankls guys

(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

with the first track open in the audacity window just hit the record button and it will pop up a new track and start recording

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

its too late, i was in the zone, my parents arrived, so that means no more noise

thx for the help teleplayer but i am asking, while i record a 2nd track, i need the first track i previously reocrded to play also, so i can hear it and keep track

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Right, you have the first track there, you hit record, a second track appears that you record on while the first track plays. The first track remains untouched, only the second track is recorded on. If you add a third the first 2 play and remain untouched while you record on the third. Ect. Ect.

ReplyQuote
(@shift)
Estimable Member

Tele, how many tracks can you record with audacity?

I don't know, I'm using calkwalk.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Not really sure but when I first downloaded it I was messing around and had 8 tracks recorded before my wife yelled that the lawn needed mowing :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

I know what you mean. When in audacity, hit control-p. Check the box for "play other tracks while recording new one".

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

thanks rollin rock, and i thank teleplayer for your effort, but rollinrock understood what i meant

thank you to all, ill try to post it soon enough

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

lookin forward to hearin it.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Will you also hear the track you're recording as you're recording it? Or do you need another command shortcut to get that to happen?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

You can select that to happen, although I don't think there would really be a need for it. That option is right underneath the other one.

ReplyQuote