Skip to content
so, get any guitar ...

Notifications
Clear all

so, get any guitar related things for xmas?

49 Posts
34 Users
0 Likes
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member

Actually, I did get something that is kind of like a guitar thing. see here's the story.
I got a Gillette vibrating razor. WHICH will keep me cleaned shaved, which will keep me in a JOB, which will keep me with a paycheck every 2 weeks, which will be spent on guitar stuff!
:)

~>Marshall<~

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

A blues driver stomp box, some cables and CDs from my kids; a lot of stuff for the home studio from my wife - a great mixer, a new mic, cables, new headphones, a good boom stand, some really fine monitor speakers... she went overboard 'cause I deserve the best :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

I got a guitar tuner, don't have it down yet on my own. And a Leo Kottke cd, so I could have something to play along with, yea right,,, in about 100 years.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Telecaster guitar kit. Decisions, decisions, must choose a color.

Sheets of Sound for Guitar, a method book by Jack Zucker, a.k.a. JAZ. Cool book of exercises and techniques, including sax bursts, muted arps and other off-the-beaten-path stuff.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

a killer led zeppelin t-shirt with the Swan Song logo on it, a digi-tech rp200a and some other misc guitar related items. i really enjoy the rp200a. it's the first "pedal" i have owned and i'm having a great time messing around with it. you can coax some interesting sounds out of it

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

will buy Giutar Grimoir next time im at Barnes and Noble!

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

A blues driver stomp box, some cables and CDs from my kids; a lot of stuff for the home studio from my wife - a great mixer, a new mic, cables, new headphones, a good boom stand, some really fine monitor speakers... she went overboard 'cause I deserve the best :)

Very nice. What type of monitors?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I got the "Roadie Rench" which is like a Swiss Army knife for guitars with all types of little tools on it that I have no idea what to do with. I got a nice Fender T-shirt. And I got the Clapton Crossroads DVD, which I already had, so my Dad kept it for himself and we watched it. I also got money which has a good chance of going towards guitar stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Samson Resolve... she did a bunch of research, and thought they were the best bang for the buck out there. I read some reviews, and she's probably right. I'll be hooking 'em up today for a test spin :)

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

I got a Led Zep double best of CD...Oh baby what an album :P
And I got money to get some decent pickups

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Samson Resolve... she did a bunch of research, and thought they were the best bang for the buck out there. I read some reviews, and she's probably right. I'll be hooking 'em up today for a test spin :)

Presumably, these are near field monitors. Let us know how they sound (A quickie review in the Studio section would be great, if you wouldn't mind doing one).

Enjoy -- G

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Yes, they are active near-field monitors. I've got 'em set up now... but I've only run some rhythm tracks through 'em so far. I'll put up a review after I've run a bunch more sounds through them.

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

I got Tom's book (my daughter's helping out with all those great presents! :lol:) and a Ventures CD to play along with (no Twin Reverb or Vibrolux, though). I also got a Robin Hitchcock and The Last Waltz DVDs and a Curtis Mayfield CD, for enjoyment, motivation, and some schooling in songwriting.

I wouldn't mind hearing what you think of the Blues Driver, headphones and mixer, either, if you get a chance. 3 topics near and dear to me. Just gave my wife some Shure in-ear monitors, I'll steal them some day when she's out and give them a review.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Actually, I did get something that is kind of like a guitar thing. see here's the story.
I got a Gillette vibrating razor. :)That'll make some pretty cool sounds if you hold it near your pickups.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@evilspudboy)
Trusted Member

I didn't ask for anything guitar related and therefore I wasn't expecting any guitar stuff for Christmas. Not to mention we got each other really expensive anniversary presents less than a month ago, so we decided to go lite on each other.

So I was extremely surprised on Christmas morning when my wife led me to the closet where she pulled a huge box weighing about 50 lbs. So I unrapped it and find it contains a brand new Fender Hot Rod Deluxe! Since my Birthday is in a few days it was kind of a combined birthday Xmas gift.

I said to her, "Do you know how loud this is?" (We live in an apartment) I have a feeling that some of her motivation is to convince me to buy a house :)

Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it you play the guitar on the MTV

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4