Skip to content
so, get any guitar ...

Notifications
Clear all

so, get any guitar related things for xmas?

49 Posts
34 Users
0 Likes
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I wouldn't mind hearing what you think of the Blues Driver, headphones and mixer, either, if you get a chance. 3 topics near and dear to me.

I'm a little disappointed in the Blues Driver (don't tell my kids that, though!). It doesn't really give me anything except a volume boost. I looked it up today - their literature says 'provides instant access to the kind of warm overdrive and emotive distortion usually reserved for 30-year-old tube amps'. That's probably the trouble right there... I play through a 28 year old tube amp. I haven't run it through the Beringer yet - I'll probably do that later today.

The headphones are decent - Samson CH70s. They're lighter than the old Sonys I'd been using, but other than that no appreciable quality difference.

It'll be a while before I've done enough with the mixer to give an educated opinion of it. The reference monitors kick butt... I just went out to get some monster cables for them, and it's clear my wife did her homework well :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@wtheriault49)

Santa treated me very well. A new schecter PT to go with my seagull acoustic. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

"I said to her, "Do you know how loud this is?" (We live in an apartment) I have a feeling that some of her motivation is to convince me to buy a house"

A house way out in the country! :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

A Knopfler in London DVD that's giving me GAS :)

I keep thinking about how much I liked the Epi Les Paul I played in the store last year. Just wish I could figure out how to play my tele first :(

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Guitar stuff.. hmm.... I got some finger ease. Oh yeah and whatever this thingy is!

Sorry, it is kind of a bad picture. It is an american series tele. I think Santa dropped it off at my house by accident because I certainly wasn't this good!

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

So lets see, I did get a lot of guitar related stuff for Christmas after all

New boots - for playing in the snow.

New denim shirt - for playing indoors on cold nights

New dress shirts - in case I get asked to play at the philharmonic

New laser ruler - in case I need to determine how far I am from the amp.

Hershey kisses - to keep up my energy up for playing

Oh yeah, a box of psychedelic picks - I think the purple ones play best.

I did get some other cool stuff but not guitar related but one was a new mp3 player but I don't want to ruin it by putting my music on it :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@nobigetosforme)

I got my first electric guitar for xmas!!! It's a Squier and it's a deep blue and nice 'n shiny. I got a Fender Frontman 15G (w/e that means) and it sounds pretty good. Next xmas I'm aiming for a 7-string...but I don't think I'll get it :?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Next xmas I'm aiming for a 7-string...but I don't think I'll get it :?Not planning on being good this year? :wink:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@laoch)
Estimable Member

I got the "Beatles Complete Scores" for Christmas.

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential." - Dr. Evil

ReplyQuote
(@shan65)
Eminent Member

Tascam Pocketstudio 5. Pretty pumped to get back home and play with this thing.
And I guess the SRV box set counts as guitar related.

ReplyQuote
(@floydthegolfer)
Estimable Member

I was a very happy camper, got the Digitech Death Metal pedal, (scary) and a funky groovy Behringer X-V Amp, which is yet to b used as i am currently swearing at the manual and checking to make sure i didnt read the japanese instructions. nothing against the gizmo itself, im just a bit incompetent with big manuals!!

"You got the heart kid... but you don't got the tools no more....."
"DRAGOOO!!!!!!!!"

ReplyQuote
 hh83
(@hh83)
Trusted Member

bought meself' a guitar. does that count? :D

got a pack of picks, straplocks and one of those marshall mini-amps.
those miniamps are cool :)
it sounds "good" for its size, and its small and battery operated.
just a little propaganda for any other ones who would like to
do the angus young "duckwalk" thing up and down their homestreets.

Never call a shovel "an ingenious hole-digging instrument"

ReplyQuote
(@abeidson)
Trusted Member

I got my Washburn D-10 B acoustic guitar (my wife had it hid until Christmas)

A kit for re-stringing my guitars and a polish cloth and spray as well as a bag for all my music sheets and books.. from my daughter.

I wanna Rock N Roll all night... Ahh who am I kidding I'll be in bed at 9 pm....

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

My girlfriend bought me my Epiphone LP Classic Plus for bday/xmas (my bday is a week before xmas). I got it four months ago though. :) She wasn't suppose to get me anything on xmas, but she did anyway. She got me the AC/DC song book that has 85 songs in it, the remastered Back in Black CD and remastered AC/DC Live CDs (I kinda like AC/DC in case you can't tell :D ). Her parents got me an Epiphone tshirt which is pretty cool.

I bought my son his first guitar for xmas also. Got him an Epiphone acoustic starter kit. It's actually a decent guitar considering the cheap price. Now we practice together.

Pretty good xmas all around I'd say.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

I got a DigiTech multi-effects pedal with a carrying case and some cable. I also got three packs of guitat srings- one set of Elixr polywebs for my acoustic and two D'Addario's for my electric.

But what'd better than that was my friend Dave got. His fiance' approached me at a Christmas party, said she wanted to buy dave a guitar for Christmas, and asked if I'd help her pick one out since she didn't know squat about guitars. So I met her one morning down at the local music store where they had some Takamine's that I had had my own eye on before I came across the Dean Key Largo that I eventually settled on. I played that for her along with a few others, and she agreed that the Takamine (I think it was a 540G) sounded the best. Besides it had a black body and she thought Dave might like that.

Well, two nights ago I got a call from Dave and he said his fingers were so sore from not being able to put the thing down since Christmas. He really loves the Takamine, liked the black finish and everything, and was real thanful that I helped his fiance' shop for it. Now we just have to plan some time together with he on his and me on my Dean.

We may have to wait until after Mardi Gras, though. Things get kind of busy this time of year down in this part of the world.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4