Clear all

Some Case Help

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have this generic (but made in Canada) deluxe hardshell case i got at Long and Mquade (you Canadians would know) for Christmas. Anyways it's for dreadnaught models. Both my Yamaha E3-10 and my Fender D7 fit surprisingly snugly into the case, as in, they press pretty hard on the linning. Is this normal? It's not like you can just open the case, gently put the guitar in, and that's that. You need to pretty much use a little force to get it to slide down the linning. Only thing, the linning is pressed down a quite a bit. Like a half centimetre or centimetre from where it would naturally be without a guitar in the case, it becomes very stiff too due to this pressure.

Is this meant to be this way? or could the linning eventually tear from the sewing attaching it, as would seem logicial? If it's the latter, i'd liek to knwo so i could still try and return it. Thanks.

(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Oh come on, someone can help x.x

ReplyQuote
(@jbehar)
Trusted Member

Sounds like a tight fit...maybe too tight

have you gone back to L & M to see if you can exchange it for a bigger case?

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

It should fit 'somewhat' snuggly in the case. Not to loosely where it slides around and not to tight, to where you have to force it in. If you have to force it in then your case is to small and you might end up doing some damage to your guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I have the oppisite problem... when I bought my Seagull it came witha case that was too big.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

If you have to force it in then your case is to small and you might end up doing some damage to your guitar.

Heed these words.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I have the oppisite problem... when I bought my Seagull it came witha case that was too big.
Take an old t-shirt and put it in the bottom of your case. Just remember not to make it to tight!

ReplyQuote