song suggestions ??

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hi,
Im finding im getting a bit bored and need some more challenging things to play, or more like something more interesting and complex to play. Im finding im getting through metal songs quite quick.
Can anyone suggest any instrumentals that are fun and interestting to play, but nothing exceptionally advanced like a lot of Joe Satriani's stuff. Or if not, at least something satisfying to play, that will take a bit more time to learn. I'm thinking of more rock based stuff, rather than clean. And something fairly complex

(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

well you did say challenging :twisted: how about playing the solo for dyers eve that should keep you plenty busy or disposable heroes.

Also i found that playing the songs from St ANger is alot of fun too.

or even some audioslave . " SHow me how to live " has a cool riff it's all about the timing on that one.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

Hey bro,

Im not sure if your talking about tabs or standard notation but my advice would be to go to mysongbook.com and go to the metal or maybe proggressive genres, check out the ones with the highest ratings or maybe even randomly just to see what you come up with. Sometimes I go to the blues area and just download like 10 of them at random and learn a few that I like.

Kido

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

Simon,

How about "Cliffs of Dover" by Eric Johnson, awesome instrumental song!

later,

Dustin

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

lol Dyer's Eve solo is just plain scarey! I've tried it before...too hard :shock: . Keep the suggestions comming. :D I not thinking so much of metal
Oh, and thanks Dustin! Cliffs of Dover is awsome, i gotta learn that!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Believe it or not some of SRV's songs are easy and fun to play.

Tightrope and Crossfire? What do you think?

ReplyQuote
(@alex_)
Honorable Member

Aaarrgghhhpeggios From Hell

no really, it is a good song to learn, its not "difficult", its hard to play, but it seems like the right challenge, its repetative so youll get a lot of practice of the licks, and its really active and happy and fun.

there are video's on kazaa of him playing it, just look for "Yngwie Malmsteen - Arpeggios From Hell"

Yngwie Malmsteen - Arpeggios From Hell (powertab)

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Any more?

ReplyQuote
(@treebeard2308)

I always enjoyed playing Orion from Master of Puppets. Great melody and good changes

ReplyQuote
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member

tender surrender by steve vai. I think it's his best song ever. It's got evrey thing. impossible to explain without you actually hearing it first.

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

ReplyQuote