Squier '51 Projects

79 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
12.4 K Views
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I'd like to try this to the headstock:

He used a "Drum Skin" after he painted it black.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

What do you mean skin? The shell wrap?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

What do you mean skin? The shell wrap?
Uh yeah..that's what I meant... DOH!!! :roll:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

That's a really great idea, then!

There are so many wrap designs to use and choose from you might need a few more guitars. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

So sad to see this fall back a page...
It should be thriving!

Anyway, a person recently brought up the subject of cases in another thread, and rather than hijacking his thread I thought I'd post in here, (as I am looking for a hard case to fit my 51) both asking my question and bringing this thread back to the top! (beside it's big brother, where it belongs)

As for my question; does anyone know where I could find a hard case that would fit my 51?
(I know what your thinking; just get a strat case)
But that is not all, I would also like it to be able to fit a tele, which I am definitely considering as a purchase (after my case).

It also has to be available to ship to the UK.

Thanks!
TripleC - I don't know if anyone got back to you, but a strat case will accomodate a '51 as well as a Telecaster.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

If any of you guys want to get rid of one in the next year or so, let me know.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@rickyraveon)

Newbie here, but I've seen some of you guys on other forums. Gnease, I tried your Lowes neck insert mod on an Epi Les Paul, worked like a charm. I may have to try it on some other guitars.

OK, here's the '51s
GFS Lipsticks, Squier rosewood neck, GFS black bridge, Jeannies pickguard, custom decal

Fender Lace Sensor Reds, Jeannies smoke mirror pickguard, GFS black bridge & knobs, painted headstock & decal

left/sunburst 51 Seymour Duncan Classic Stack/Pearly Gates, GFS black bridge, my own mojocaster logo. Still messing with pickguard options. I currently have a cut down (strat contour) white pg on it now.

ReplyQuote
(@rickyraveon)

Oh BTW, the sunburst has a heathly dose of cordovan Kiwi in the neck. I had originally refinished the neck in gloss, but recently sanded it back down a bit & kiwi'd the back of the neck & fretboard again, taking the time to dress the frets a bit while I had it taken back down. The Pearly Gates & Lace Reds really scream! The lipstick are very chimey & classic. They're all different, but really useful in different song scenarios.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That blonde with the snake skin pick guard is awesome! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

That blonde with the snake skin pick guard is awesome! 8)

Dan

Ditto. I've never been too impressed by the '51 blonde '51s -- not really a trans vintage-style blonde; but the snakeskin looks mightly good on it.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rickyraveon)

Black tuners & pickguard screws might really finish off the black one. You have to see the pickguard in person to appreciate the bada@@ look it conveys with the rest of the guitar. Guitar fetish has some pickguards I might try, or I might have the folks at Jeannies carve me out a clear one for the sunburst. I already have some bigger pickguard screws in it, so I can't go back to the normal size, & I'm not sure I could fill them very well. It looks great without a PG, but now I have big holes all over the front of the body.

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Let's bump this.

Who's still got their '51? Pics?

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Still have, and play my blonde with the black pickguard.
i love the way it looks and people always say they like it as well.
someday when i can afford it i hope to get all matching black hardware.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I've got 2. I replaced the pups in one as shown in this thread. The other, I have started painting a nice medium blue. I got 3 coats on and the last one had some runs in it. I need to sand and repaint.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6