Clear all

Squier '51 Projects

79 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
12.4 K Views
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

I'm really thinking about snapping up the next used one I see.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'm still working on my second of three '51 projects -- almost done. It's a burst with cutdown ("Junior" style) pickguard, nitro neck, P90 neck pup, better 'bucker in bridge, LP/SG-style pup switch, stacked volume/tone, string-thru-body bridge and fret dressing.

One thing bothers me about my first '51. The neck seems far more susceptible to environment changes than any other guitar I own. Anybody else noted the same?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Gnease: what does "nitro neck" mean - nitro finish on the back only or are you putting it on the fingerboard as well?

Also what 'bucker are you putting in the bridge? I've been looking for something with a little more ouput ... might go back to the GFS Bigmouth.

As to the neck, yes the original one I had was very susceptible to environmental changes. The replacement Mighty Mite neck with rosewood board is much more stable.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

nitrocellulose on back, but not on fingerboard -- still considering doing the f-board. I only did the headstock on the first '51. maybe the add'l lacquer on the back of this second will reduce the environmental factor.

GFS Alnico Fat PAT Boutique Zebra, IIRC. the P90 is GFS as well. in the first project '51, I used a Reverend hot-wound (but medium field strength) P90. a real scorcher.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6