Clear all

Squier Thinline Telecaster

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I know that there is a Squier Thinline out there and I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued. but I'm interested in it for *someday.* does anyone have any experience or knowledge about it?

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I tried one last week, very nice guitar - the local music shop's closing, and I'm hoping the price'll drop a fair bit - it's had more than its fair share of knocking about in the shop, there's a few scratches and nicks, and a nasty case of belt-buckle rash. I THINK the one I tried was the Affinity series, it was a light tan colour, hollowbody, had a lovely low action and fast neck....like I say, I'll take it if they drop it a bit more.

I'm biased though - I love my Squier Custom Tele, wouldn't trade it for anything....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It's definitely one of the cooler Tele variants, Pearl. I'd go for one if available.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

I was trying to look into one of these the other day.

Hollow Artcores and the Gibson ES' (I've heard) since they're hollowbodied or semi-hollowbodied use a different fretboard length or something similar.. and because of that they don't bend like say, a standard strat.

Is this true of the Thinline Telecaster, too?

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

This was the one I had hold of.....

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0340100521

and I use a lot of bends when I'm playing lead....didn't feel any different to me than my Squier Tele....sounded nice clean, had a nice twang to it....sounded good distorted, you could rock with it as well.....

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0327502506

and I chose that after trying a couple of Fender teles, I thought it felt smoother and the neck was soooo playable.....

BUT - like I said - I'm biased, some like Gibson, some like Fender, I like Squier......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I was trying to look into one of these the other day.

Hollow Artcores and the Gibson ES' (I've heard) since they're hollowbodied or semi-hollowbodied use a different fretboard length or something similar.. and because of that they don't bend like say, a standard strat.

Is this true of the Thinline Telecaster, too?

Thinlines feel like Teles. They have the same scale length (25.5 in) as a typical Fender, including a Strat. Artcores were probably designed to emulate the Gibby, Epiphone and Gretch hollows and semis that usually have/had shorter (24.75 in) scale lengths. But that shorter length is probably more of a tradition than related to hollow or semi-hollow design. For example, Les Pauls and SGs also have the same 24.75 scale length.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote