Clear all

Strange coincidence

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I found this picture of The Kinks the other day.

http://www.kinks.org/pix/midroad.htm

They were standing on a little traffic island in a one-way road system of Highgate, London, England.

I lived for 18 months in the house with the red door that you see behind them. That was my address: corner of Southwood Lane and Kingsley Gardens. My bedroom window was behind the branches of the tree. It was about the same era, too.

Kirk

Kirk

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Living in Washington DC gives you some weird stuff like that.

In Fahrenheit 911 when you see Mr Moore outside the Saudi Embassy, I ride my bike by that exact spot every morning. Heck, I probably rode by during filming and had no idea what was going on.

My neighbor was Admiral Crowe, chairman of the joint chiefs. He told me on his way out one evening he was going to see a movie at Bill's house. That would be Bill Clinton, whose house at the time was big and white.

There's a Kevin Costner movie in which he plays a Navy guy in Washington and the movie starts with a helicopter shot coming down onto a supposed safe house. It's on Arlington Ridge road, my neighbors house at the time.

ReplyQuote
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Very cool! What do you bring to Bill's place as a token of appreciation, I wonder? A box of fine cigars? No, maybe not cigars.

Kirk

ReplyQuote
(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

Jeeez Nick, you should have asked him if you could come along and bring a guitar. Maybe the big guy would have hauled out his sax and you could have had an impromptu jam. Nah, that stuff only happens in movies!! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

That is pretty cool.

It's been awhile, but if you remember the movie Arthur starring Dudley Moore, the movie opens with Dudley driving a race car on a small track.
That was in Danbury, Ct. When I met my first wife and moved to Ct. (her home), we used to go to that track all the time. We only lived a few miles away. They tore it down many years ago. Now there is a huge mall there.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@full-fathom-five)
Eminent Member

This is my first post and this seems an appropriate place to do it.

I step out of my front door, take a right and walk for five minutes to the end of the street.

The road that crosses the end of my street? Penny Lane.

Unfortunately I have yet to see any pretty nurses there...

ReplyQuote