Clear all

strumming and singing

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rip-this-joint)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hello all. Usually when i play a tune and sing along, i dont worry much about the strumming pattern, i just play to my voice i guess. Now i was wondering, if i actually sat down and learned the pattern, would it make the song sound that much better, or would the difference be unnoticeable?

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I would say it doesn't, unless you're playing a funk tune or a song where there is a strict syncopated rhythm. Try recording yourself playing and singing and see how you like it.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@thectrain)
Estimable Member

I disagree, well its not going to make a bad song good. I think the difference between a good song and a great song is the little things. Like strumming patterns. I say it can't hurt to learn the strumming pattern.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I'll take the middle road.

It depends on the song. Some songs are very dependant on the strumming pattern and even recognized by them. Others it seems to be almost an after thought. I am like you though, I just strum to my voice. I dont have the experience or talent, yet, to play a particular pattern while I sing. I figure I am doing pretty darn good just to sing and play at the same time.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote