Clear all

sweet child???

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

the g'n'r song n e one know the correct tab??

tried loads and cant seem to get it sounding right, alot of people i'm spoke to sed it is a hard one to get spot on

help.... :?

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Have you check the Easy Songs data base here in GN?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

yeah, but couldn't see n e thing tho,,,

ReplyQuote
(@mad_guitarist)
Eminent Member

http://www.olga.net/dynamic/browse.php?printer=0&local=main/g/guns_n_roses/sweet_child_o_mine.tab

8)

I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play.

— Ozzy Osbourne

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

The hardest thing about it is the timing.Most tabs I've seen are pretty accurate.My son learned it a few months ago and it took him ages to to get it right.Its just one of them things that if your timing is off it just sounds all wrong.I would suggest learning the tab as its written and play it slow until the notes become second nature and you don't need to look at the tab anymore and then work on the timing/feeling to get it right.Don't worry if it sounds nothing like it when you play it slow.
As Axl Rose once said "All you need is just a little patience" (sorry!)

Good Luck

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The hardest thing about it is the timing.Most tabs I've seen are pretty accurate.My son learned it a few months ago and it took him ages to to get it right.Its just one of them things that if your timing is off it just sounds all wrong.I would suggest learning the tab as its written and play it slow until the notes become second nature and you don't need to look at the tab anymore and then work on the timing/feeling to get it right.Don't worry if it sounds nothing like it when you play it slow.
As Axl Rose once said "All you need is just a little patience" (sorry!)

Good Luck

lol, nice one. ure right there timming on this one is essential i'll keep at :D

thnax for the link mad_guitarist it is different to the ones i'v been looking at 8)

ReplyQuote
(@mad_guitarist)
Eminent Member

np man, we're all here to help, right?

yeah, it seems that very first part is the most debated part of that song. i originally learned it up around the 12th fret, which was really hard to do on the guitar i had. then i found that tab and it made it a lot easier, though, maybe not as correct lol

I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play.

— Ozzy Osbourne

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

This song helped me so much with alternate picking. I just played this song (or the riff anyways) for like 3 weeks straight. Sweet dude. Good luck.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

np man, we're all here to help, right?

yeah, it seems that very first part is the most debated part of that song. i originally learned it up around the 12th fret, which was really hard to do on the guitar i had. then i found that tab and it made it a lot easier, though, maybe not as correct lolHarmonics :shock: I never even though of that, I'll have to give it a go when I get home :)

The secret to that riff played a la Slash, is to barre the D and G strings at the twelth fret with your index finger, and go from there. That finger then won't need moving for the whole of the intro. (Just pointing it out because if someone had done the same for me when I was learning it, I would've saved a lot of time - I was only just starting out when I learned this one and didn't know to barre it)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

thank u peeps, im still keepin at it,,,,, :)

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I'm not a fan of GnR but Slash is talented. Anyway check this site out it's a little ad heavy but not annoyingly bad.

Slash Solo

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'm not a fan of GnR but Slash is talented. Anyway check this site out it's a little ad heavy but not annoyingly bad.

Slash Solo

yeah one of my favs indeed,,, n1

ReplyQuote