Clear all

Terminal/Chronic Gas

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@alouden)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

It's amazing. It seems like I am on a six month remission program. My GAS is cured and then about 6 months later I relapse.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=515750&index=8
My first Fender and it is quite nice. Lovely piece of work and great tones.

(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

sounds like your disease is getting serious!

better give the tele to me! :D

seriously, it's a beautiful guitar

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

congrads on your first Fender. they sure are nice.
I think your gas may be cured for a while. that is one nice dose of medicine.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the Tele. Sure is nice.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

congrats - Teles are beautiful. And if you already own a strat, well, they're two completely different beasts. you're not relapsing, you're just ensuring you have a sufficiently wide tonal palette to work with. what would picasso have ever achieved without a decent palette, eh? :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@alouden)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Yea, that's the ticket. I'll use that one on my wife the next time it strikes. :lol:

Actually, she is the one that told me to go ahead and get another.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

ahh, well then, you''re simply being a dutiful and good husband, making sure your wife's wishes are satisfied. I commend you, good sir! :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@phillyblues)
Estimable Member

Great looking guitar!!!

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but WHAT IS IT about guitars that turns us otherwise normal, responsible, adults into such crazed addicts. I've only been at this for a little over a month and have only recently purchased my first electric (only a few weeks after purchasing my first accoustic) and I already find myself surfing the net and lurking in guitar stores eyeing others. I tell myself I'm only looking out of interest, but deep down, I know its only a matter of time before the cravings get the better of me.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Congrats on the Tele.

Yes, keep looking for the next guitar to own. They are out there. They are eagerly awaiting your discovery. :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Very nice Tele. I have one and I love it.

I was doing really well for the last year or so and then I went into the music store the other night and saw a really great Fender acoustic. I picked it up and it felt perfect as I played it. It was small enough to fit my spindly little hands! I have no idea what model it was though seeing as my husband quickly ushered me out of the store and back into the mall. It was some kind of special for $250 and they had a few stacked there in the boxes still. I may have to sneak back in there. :twisted:

I'm not a collector. I really only need 2 guitars. I have my highway one tele and I've been looking for a good acoustic. I think I found the acoustic I want. Now I just need to sell my other 2 cheapy ones and I probably will sell my squire 51 since I really don't play it.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@alouden)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Don't know if I'd call myself a collector...but there are just so many out there.

The Tele is amazing. I love playing the short scale.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

congrats on the tele, but there is no known cure but to feed the beast.
my answer to the affliction was a twelve step program (i bought a 12 string) 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

congrats on the tele, but there is no known cure but to feed the beast.
my answer to the affliction was a twelve step program (i bought a 12 string) 8)

LOL :) Seems like that would ALMOST cure it :twisted:

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote