Clear all

That's a Squier????

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

For all you Squier owner's (I own one), this will make you proud. Check this guy out. He starts getting real fancy half the way through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvKgb4QmGSs

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

(@flashback)
Reputable Member

Squier really isnt that bad of a brand, not just cause of this video. If you get a squier setup right (that means checking the nut and fret leveling) you will have an awesome playing guitar. And add some decent pickups it gets even better. Add new hardware and WOAH watch out you have a player on your hands!

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Oh yes, that's a Squier 8)

Nice one, Wes!

Actually Flash, I've never been tempted to tinker with mine (except for the occasionally temperamental selector switch) - I like the sound just the way it is. The sound I like is where Mr Renman say, "...a nice blues sound too" - that's the sound I chose it for!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

PVTele

Oh yeah, I love my Squier Tele just the way it is too. It gets a great Blues overdrive with the bridge pickup, but it also gets a terrific Jazz tone with the neck pickup. It is a great sounding guitar.

Go Squier! :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

LOL, i didnt say the pickups they have are bad. But the moment you try some Lindy Fralins or Bill Lawrence keystones you will tone exactly what I meant!

Bill Lawrence Keystones are especially awesome in Tele's.

Me personally I used some old BL's that were made in like 1992 and they sounded extremely awesome in my Dad's Parts-Caster Tele.

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

after playing my fender strat, and then playing my squier, I find it hard to adjust, the neck is so much thinner that it becomes "weird".

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

We need to pitch in and get that guy a Unique Cool Daddy HAT or something.. It'd UP his COOL factor by about +100. :)

Man... I wish I could do some of he's doing and walk into a Guitar Center and let it RIPP... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very cool! I like my Squier Tele stock too. Just had to have the frets dressed, and action lowered, but that's it. I love the feel of the neck too. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Great little jams there. Thinks he can shred, Yeah, he can. I'd like to hear him with a band playing some real tunes, not just jamming.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I wish they would make Left handed Squier Telecaster...

Ya , they do make the strat which is 229 $ (around 171 $ lesser than the Standard MIM )

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Great little jams there. Thinks he can shred, Yeah, he can. I'd like to hear him with a band playing some real tunes, not just jamming.

He has a nice little site, Reb, well worth a visit. Dolphinstreet Music. Sound clips, videos, reviews, lessons - good stuff. Sounds like a nice man :D

ReplyQuote