Clear all

The charms of an acoustic . . .

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

. . . after 6 months of owning a quality acoustic guitar, I just thought I'd reflect my thoughts relative to their electric cousins.

The acoustic guitar, a simple yet complex instrument . . . on the one hand there are 6 strings, 20-ish frets, a few tuners and some wood, but on the other hand there is some very clever engineering to hold together all the immense tension from those strings and still retain the ability to make that magical sound.
While I do not for a moment doubt the emotive abilities of the electric guitar in the right hands, there is something far more soulful about the unique nature of the acoustic guitar. Maybe it's the smell of the spruce, the ring of the chords, the pattern of the wood, but there's definately something extra there which, to me at least, electric guitars seem to lack. Maybe it's because acoustic guitars make you work to achieve the results you aim for, amplifying every mistake . . . but by the same token when you find the sound you want, they amplify it with warmth and pure undistorted clarity.
Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing, but to me the acoustic guitar is something special.:)

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline