The Gig Bag Book of...

Notifications
Clear all

The Gig Bag Book of Practical Pentatonics for All Guitarists

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I just picked up The Gig Bag Book of Practical Pentatonics for All Guitarists from Barnes & Noble and it seems like a great book to have (mostly for beginners but I'll bet many can learn from this book. It basically shows you what to do with all those scale patterns in the pentatonic scale. It's $12.99 but I got a 25% teacher's discount since this is Teacher Appreciation week at Barnes & Noble!

I haven't read this book yet so that's why I didn't put this in the product review section. I just thought everyone would be interested in it.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Boy, you guys get 3 months off in the summer, two weeks at Christmas, spring vacation, and numerous other holidays, and now you even get guitar books cheap.

Don't ever complain that teachers are underpaid, you guys never work. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Boy, you guys get 3 months off in the summer, two weeks at Christmas, spring vacation, and numerous other holidays, and now you even get guitar books cheap.

Don't ever complain that teachers are underpaid, you guys never work. :D

Watch it Wes....Those are fightin' words! Those aren't vacations. They are mental health days. When you see kids coming to school with lice, dirty clothes, no sleep, and many have their only meals at school you need time to regenerate your emotions. When you see all the kids that I see abused or some of the experiences they've had (one of my 6 year old students witnessed her mom being shot and then the killer turned the gun on himself.) these days allow us to take time to appreciate what we have. And then there is the students' attitudes!

(PS. I know you were joking but that tend to hit a nerve with teachers...especially those of us that teach in the urban schools. Don't worry though...no offense was taken.)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Oh yeah, it was just a joke. I don't think I could handle spending all my time with teenagers. I think Jr. High would be the worst age.

Don't take offense teenagers, I was a teenager too. It was just a long time ago. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Oh yeah, it was just a joke. I don't think I could handle spending all my time with teenagers. I think Jr. High would be the worst age.

Don't take offense teenagers, I was a teenager too. It was just a long time ago. :D

No problem wes. Like I said none was taken. But whenever someone says teachers, police, fireman, etc don't deserve pay raises I take great offese. I know so many teachers who spend a TON of their own money because the district won't provide everything they need. My co-worker buys 4-5 bushels of apples in the fall so that the students will have a healthy snack (One Bushel costs about $18-$20). He does this 2-3 times per year.

I am sorry I have taken this thread off topic! :oops: :oops:

Now back to our regularly scheduled program!! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i'm jealous mike...my school doesnt have summers off...we hardly get days off...and christmas is one week off. i guess those are the perils of working in an non-traditional private school. It's quite demanding and the pay is less than yours, i imagine.

anyways, i will take advantage of this lovely 25% teacher discount and perhaps purchase this book. I have the Gigbag Book of Guitar Chords and it's excellent and it has more chords than i even knew existed.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote